Windows 10: Chromebook Printer Question

Discus and support Chromebook Printer Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all. I know this doesn't belong on this subforum but does anyone now if you have a chromebook, can you print from it if you have a printer? Thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Chromebook Printer Question

Hey all. I know this doesn't belong on this subforum but does anyone now if you have a chromebook, can you print from it if you have a printer? Thus imagine like a regular windows computer connected to like an HP printer... i would print it by connecting hp printer to my windows laptop.

But does anyone know if i could download a driver and then use it to print with the chromebook instead? I read online that you could connect via wifi or usb cable... i have no idea what that even means connecting via wifi to a printer. I mean doesn't the printer have to be connected via a cable to a computer no matter what?

I ask this because i print things a few times only and when i do this, i always use this old windows laptop that has hp drivers installed but that laptop is old and slow. But could i print from it using my chromebook instead?

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 9, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Chromebook Printer Question

Printer question

To print to default from command line:

lpr <filename>

To print to specific printer:

lpr <filename> -Pprintername

also try lpr <tab><tab> for list of lpr commands

IggSter, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Chromebook Printer Question

1. Chromebook Printer Question - Similar Threads - Chromebook Printer Question

2. Coming from a chromebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coming from a chromebook: Hi. Have a surface laptop 2 i5 which is very fancy for me. I have a chromebook before that and this is much better in most ways. I have recently been hijacked by: dontnotifyfriends.info This sends me advertising for dating site on the right of my screen 10 times a day....
  3. Chromebooks

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromebooks: I am thinking about buying a new laptop. I can get a chromebook for under $100.00 I know that we get what we pay for but I don't need a computer with all the bells and whistles anymore. How are the new chromebooks? 130103
  4. Managing printer device question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Managing printer device question.: Managing printer device question. I would like to clean my printer heads. However the manage your device page does not allow me to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-printer-device-question/530f30d4-6b66-4cf7-8451-bbb0e6fa66c8
  5. chromebook

chromebook: Is chromebook compatible with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/chromebook/3ca44f41-3289-41c4-8a5b-00fe68f3d153
  6. Printer question

Printer question: Currently running a Canon Pixma m925. We like it because it has AirPrint and up until today has worked well. But now it spits an error b200 code which seems to be print head related. I guess it’s clogged but we tried cleaning it and still get the issue. I am mulling over...
  7. Questions about installing printers

Questions about installing printers: So, I've noticed that when I connect a new printer to the network via WiFi Windows 10 will automatically detect and add it to the list of installed printers. That seems nice except for the fact that the printer name includes numbers and letters that aren't related to the...
  8. ethernet adapter for chromebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet adapter for chromebook: The chromebook does not have an ethernet port so I got an adapter b/c the place I am staying has an ethernet connector cable in the room.I think this is better than wifi. I notice that when I connect it to my gateway at home it does say connected as does my desktop but there...
  9. Homegroup Printer Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup Printer Question: Hey guys. Trying to setup our home printer across a network. It worked fine in Windows 7 and it did work fine post upgrade but, following a clean install of Windows 10 it won't connect and brings up an error about how Unable to connect to Printer. It's a HP Photosmart...
  10. ChromeBook

in Windows 10 Support
    ChromeBook: Would it be okay if I asked a question on the above Please. If the answer is no. No worries. Thanks. 82864