Windows 10: Chromebook Screen Going Bad?

Discus and support Chromebook Screen Going Bad? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an old acer chromebook that i use for a few years. Its been working well but months ago, certain number keys do not work. That is very annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by paulyjustin, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Chromebook Screen Going Bad?

I have an old acer chromebook that i use for a few years. Its been working well but months ago, certain number keys do not work. That is very annoying. But a bit later, i notice the screen... but mainly the left side of the screen seem be going bad... is that the term?

Basically like the entire left side of the screen flashes like imagine you watching tv back a long time ago and you cannot get much of a signal and its blurry etc. So in order to fix this, i have to close the lid and open it right back many times. Sometimes i have to move my screen a certain spot where the screen doesn't do this.

Also it does this thing where the screen looks like everything is going inside it... like a tornado so to speak etc. Does that mean my screen is bad and i need to get a replacement? Note... i also did not take care of my chromebook that much. I had it for two and a half years and many times, i would carry it by the top edges on the screen... basically if you saw how i carried it few times when moving around the apartment, you would say that is something you should never do because you could damage the screen. But i did that many times and then i see the screen flashes a lot like a rainbow signal on the left side of it many times.

Can someone tell me if this is the screen going bad... or is it something else inside? If so, what could it be?

Is it even worth getting it repaired? I do like chromebook for web browsing since well i heard you can't get malware/virus from it so thats why i like a chromebook.

:)

paulyjustin, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    CTL Announces Rugged, Flip Convertible Chromebook

CTL has announced the new CTL J5 Rugged Convertible Chromebook today. This Chromebook is ideal for schools or mobile professionals who want the versatility of a Chromebook and tablet in one. With a 360-degree hinge, users can choose to type on the keyboard in laptop mode or fold the keyboard under and angle screen back for presentations. By rotating the screen all the way around, this Chromebook can be converted into a tablet (optional stylus available).

The CTL J5 Rugged Convertible Chromebook is durable enough for the rigors of student use and includes a splash-proof keyboard and drop-resistant design. "CTL is excited to introduce this new rugged, convertible Chromebook," said CTL President, Erik Stromquist. "This is a great choice for those who want a Chromebook with tablet capabilities."

Chromebook Screen Going Bad? 80a_thm.jpg

Chromebook Screen Going Bad? 80b_thm.jpg

CTL J5 Rugged Convertible Chromebook Features and Benefits
    • 11.6'' HD (1366 x 768) 5 point touch 16:9 IPS Panel
    • Intel Braswell N3050 processor
    • 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
    • 16GB (expandable to 32GB) eMMC hard drive
    • Chrome OS
    • 1x combo audio jack
    • 2x USB 3.0 port
    • 1x HDMI
    • 1x Micro SD card
    • HD Web Camera
    • Up to 10 hours battery life
    New J5 will be available in time for the education buying season with a starting price of $249.00. It is available for pre-order now here.

btarunr, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Chromebook Screen Going Bad?

What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook

Source: Virtual Desks, simpler printing and more

Brink, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Chromebook Screen Going Bad?

1. Chromebook Screen Going Bad? - Similar Threads - Chromebook Screen Going

2. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  3. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Motherboard going bad?: I have a 200Mbps connection to my ISP. I have a specific machine that is getting only about 25 Mbps through the onboard network adapter or through the onboard wifi adapter. That machine is fully up-to-date on Windows updates and network adapter and wifi drivers. I get the...
  4. Motherboard going bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Chromebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chromebook: Hi, someone has removed windows 10 from their HP laptop and installed a Chromebook os. They don't like the Chromebook os and want to go back to windows 10. How do I do this? Do I have to remove the Chromebook os first or do I just 'write over' with a windows 10 os saved on...
  6. Chromebook Screen Going Bad?

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromebook Screen Going Bad?: I have an old acer chromebook that i use for a few years. Its been working well but months ago, certain number keys do not work. That is very annoying. But a bit later, i notice the screen... but mainly the left side of the screen seem be going bad... is that the term?...
  7. Chromebooks

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromebooks: I am thinking about buying a new laptop. I can get a chromebook for under $100.00 I know that we get what we pay for but I don't need a computer with all the bells and whistles anymore. How are the new chromebooks? 130103
  8. Monitor Going Bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Going Bad?: I have an LG E2250 monitor and when I start games that use d3d the screen turns black, if I turn the monitor off, then on, the problems goes away until the next time I run a game. Everything else is working fine, no other issues, tried a variety of Nvidia drivers on my...
  9. Router Going Bad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Going Bad?: For awhile now I keep losing my wireless internet speed. I can go from a over 45Mbps to 2 or 3 hundred kbps. At first I thought it was the laptop because if I ran the windows repair a couple of times it would find a problem with the header and would fix my problem. Now I'm...
  10. ChromeBook

in Windows 10 Support
    ChromeBook: Would it be okay if I asked a question on the above Please. If the answer is no. No worries. Thanks. 82864