Windows 10: Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working

Discus and support Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently took my older Lenovo 100s Chromebook out and put it do good use by putting Windows 10 on it. However, while doing so many of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoganationYT, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working

Hello everyone, I recently took my older Lenovo 100s Chromebook out and put it do good use by putting Windows 10 on it. However, while doing so many of the peripherals stopped working:

• Microphone
    • Speakers (HDMI audio not tested)
    • Mousepad (USB mouse works)
    • Volume controls (Likely because windows thinks they are F8-10)

I have already tried updating drivers online and on my computer, restarting each time. I tried uninstalling the drivers and a restart, even up to a system verification scan to check if everything worked. It still didn't.

Note: Mousepad does not show up in device manager, all of these things worked in Chrome OS but stopped once I upgraded to Windows 10.

Does anyone have a fix?

:)

LoganationYT, Jul 25, 2019
  2. gazoz Win User

Win 10 upgrade

I am trying to upgrade the 2 PCs we use to tutor seniors in how to use Windows 10. Each time I try the upgrade I get error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x40017/

No hardware has changed since last Win 10 upgrade and all previous Win 10 upgrades went without a hitch with same hardware configuration. I have tried all suggestions I have found searching for error code. I have made 5 attempts to upgrade with suggestions.

Any other help/suggestions appreciated.

gazoz, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 25, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working

Installing Windows 10 on how Chromebook

Hi Ashley

It depends on the specs of your Chromebook, this can be done on a lot of Chromebooks.

What is the exact Model No. of your HP Chromebook - that should be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . . .

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working

1. Chromebook upgraded to win 10, lots of hardware not working - Similar Threads - Chromebook upgraded lots

2. window not working in my chromebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window not working in my chromebook: window not working in my chromebook how can i repair without disccan anyone help me????* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-not-working-in-my-chromebook/a51b4ded-779a-43ec-9d31-5423361333a4
  3. A lot of problems have appeared after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of problems have appeared after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11: I upgraded Win 10 to Win 11 in Lenovo Notebook last December. Then a lot of problems have appeared.1 The laptop always restart after I turned off it. Sometimes it restarts immediately. Sometimes its restart after 5 or 10 minutes. I tried to close all the programs before I...
  4. A lot of problems have appeared after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of problems have appeared after upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11: I upgraded Win 10 to Win 11 in Lenovo Notebook last December. Then a lot of problems have appeared.1 The laptop always restart after I turned off it. Sometimes it restarts immediately. Sometimes its restart after 5 or 10 minutes. I tried to close all the programs before I...
  5. Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Activate my win 10 after hardware upgrade: Hello, I just updated my motherboard, CPU and RAM my windows 10 Home got deactivated as expected so I followed the suggested solution in other posts by going to Settings>>Update&security>>Activation>>troubleshoot>>clicked "I have changed my hardware..">>selected my PC...
  6. Won't Work Chromebook To Windows 10

Won't Work Chromebook To Windows 10: I wanted to ask if i can get windows 10 on my chromebook. Is there a way to install it without disc or USB? I have the ISO file but VLC wont open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-work-chromebook-to-windows-10/a32a58e4-702a-49f9-a2d4-13f45a5b5f83
  7. Chromebook To Windows 10

Chromebook To Windows 10: I wanted to ask if i can get windows 10 on my chromebook. Is there a way to install it without disc or USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromebook-to-windows-10/a32a58e4-702a-49f9-a2d4-13f45a5b5f83
  8. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10: I download Windows media creator tool - run it - accepted terms - and got to point of two options UPGRADE this PC now Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO) 1 Is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC??? Or to see any problems with hardware --- I have to...
  9. Netbios WINS browsing doesn't work after hardware upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netbios WINS browsing doesn't work after hardware upgrade ?: Well, this is a real head scratcher... While I know that you really should do a completely clean installation when upgrading your motherboard, I was going from a pretty recent Asus mobo and Intel CPU to a newer one so I thought I would see how it goes in case I could save...
  10. Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade: Ok everyone I'm an 74yo bloke who is very cautious in what I do. I have been running Win 7 Pro 64 bit Sp1 since about Nov 2009. The time has come for me to venture into the world of Win 10m Pro 64bit but before I do I want it goes as hassle free as possible. Before I venture...