Windows 10: Chromebooks

Discus and support Chromebooks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am thinking about buying a new laptop. I can get a chromebook for under $100.00 I know that we get what we pay for but I don't need a computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Frank1 Win User

Chromebooks

I am thinking about buying a new laptop. I can get a chromebook for under $100.00 I know that we get what we pay for but I don't need a computer with all the bells and whistles anymore. How are the new chromebooks?

:)

Frank1, Apr 3, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

chromebook

Ho Carolyn,

You can install Windows 10 on come chromebooks and it sill run successfully - what is the make and exact model No. of your chromebook - that will be on a sticker on the bottom casing . . .

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Wynona Win User
    Can i use windows on a chromebook?

External drives are listed as USB hard drives.

@ paulyjustin Under Storage Devices, it lists USB hard drives and thumb drives. USB hard drives are external drives; I don't think internal hard drives tend to be USB. Here's a copy of what I found at File types and external devices that work on Chromebooks - Chromebook Help

Filesystems
    You can access files on external devices connected to your Chromebook if they use the following types of filesystems:

• FAT (FAT16, FAT32, exFAT)
    • HFS+ (read-only on journaled HFS+)
    • ISO9660 (read-only)
    • MTP
    • NTFS
    • UDF (read-only)

Storage devices
    • USB hard drives and thumb drives
    • USB CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives (read-only)

Remove a storage device safely by clicking Eject
    Chromebooks -BZuNX4MUF3iUlKSQzI31Rw2_gximxzqLilvFxbKkH5F3ffYmgbu1GsmMbiZK4Ohwnfz=w18-h18.png

Note that under file systems, your drive should be formatted as Fat 32 or NTFS; probably not something strictly Chrome if you want to continue using it with Windows. I'm pretty sure you don't want your stuff read only. Chromebooks :) From what I see, it doesn't look like a GPT/UEFI formatted drive will work with Chrome.

Wynona, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Chromebooks

Windows file sharing comes to Chromebooks

Read more:

Brink, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Chromebooks

1. Chromebooks - Similar Threads - Chromebooks

2. did my acer chromebook n16q9 come with windows 10 installed and a key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    did my acer chromebook n16q9 come with windows 10 installed and a key?: did my acer chromebook n16q9 come with windows 10 installed and a key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-my-acer-chromebook-n16q9-come-with-windows-10/5711c5fe-f38c-4a0c-844e-248e63251fe4
  3. Coming from a chromebook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coming from a chromebook: Hi. Have a surface laptop 2 i5 which is very fancy for me. I have a chromebook before that and this is much better in most ways. I have recently been hijacked by: dontnotifyfriends.info This sends me advertising for dating site on the right of my screen 10 times a day....
  4. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?: How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-window-10-on-a-chromebook-machine/6d5787a6-7084-4f0c-9198-3e486fed40ae
  5. Installing Windows 10 on how Chromebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on how Chromebook: Is there any way to download windows on an hp chomebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-10-on-how-chromebook/a518ccfa-5686-40fa-9dce-72be87a6817d
  6. Windows 10 is coming to your Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is coming to your Chromebook: If you follow Chromebook development news the way hot-stove baseball fans follow the latest trade rumors, you know Google is working on bringing Windows to Chromebook. If you have that one Windows applications you must run, Google has been working on making it possible to...
  7. How can I install Google Play Store on my Lenovo X131e Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I install Google Play Store on my Lenovo X131e Chromebook?: I just bought a Chromebook (Lenovo X131e) and want to know how I install Google Play Store to download the app. I want to download Microsoft Word and other products....
  8. Why can't Apps like Showbox be downloaded on my Chromebook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't Apps like Showbox be downloaded on my Chromebook?: Why can't Apps like Showbox be downloaded on my Chromebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/apps/65457965-6aee-4bb1-a387-84d331e42a26
  9. Windows file sharing comes to Chromebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows file sharing comes to Chromebooks: You can run Android apps on Chromebooks. You can run Linux programs on Chromebooks. Heck, you can even run Windows programs on Chromebooks. But one thing you couldn't do natively on a Chromebook is read and write files on a Windows PCs or Windows and Samba servers. Things...
  10. Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support: The reports have revealed that Google might start playing nice with Microsoft’s OS sometime in the future by allowing its Pixelbook to boot Windows 10. Google is working on a rumoured “Campfire” which is an alt-OS mode and it could allow users to dual boot Windows 10 on...