Windows 10: Chromecast is Unable to mirror system audio on this device

Discus and support Chromecast is Unable to mirror system audio on this device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you see an error message Unable to mirror system audio on this device, when using Chromecast to cast video from Windows PC to a TV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 30, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Chromecast is Unable to mirror system audio on this device

WinClub, Jan 30, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Unable to see any Chromecast device

Is the network on the new laptop set for Private? https://support.google.com/chromecas.../3249268?hl=en

Follow this:

You must use the Google Chrome browser to use Google Chromecast. Not Microsoft's edge browser.

If you have issues setting up your Windows 10 computer, try each of the following before moving on to the next:

• Refresh your Media Router:
    1. Ensure that you're on the latest version of the Chrome Browser
    2. Open a new tab in Chrome.
    3. Type chrome://flags/#media-router into the address bar.
    4. Check and see if the status is "Enabled". If it is, try "Disabling" and refresh your Chrome Browser.
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 but this time Enable the option again.
    6. Look in the upper right hand corner for the "More Options" icon
    7. Click on the "Cast" option.

• Make sure you power the Chromecast device with the provided power supply into an open electrical outlet, not using a USB input on your TV or other device.
    • Your computer and Chromecast device should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. Your Chromecast device should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from your router, or less.
    • Reset your Windows browser default to Chrome browser.
    • Conduct a Chromecast Factory Data Reset.
    • Reboot your Wi-fi router and/or internet service provider modem or gateway
    • Turn Windows Defender OFF.
    • See original post by Google employee about other settings.

bro67, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Unable to see any Chromecast device

Load media router component was set to "default" selecting disable, refresh page, then enable then refresh page did the trick. relaunch chrome and all looking good. Thank you!

Load Media Router Component Extension

dannieboiz, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Chromecast is Unable to mirror system audio on this device - Similar Threads - Chromecast Unable mirror

2. Bluetooth device unable to play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device unable to play audio: So regularly for some strange reason, everytime I connected my bluetooth device before, it *just* says "connected"I cant even upload images so ill just try to describe itAs I said before it just says "connected" without the "with mic, audio" so it legit meant nothing when I...
  3. Audio device is disabled by the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is disabled by the system: Here's the thing.First of all, I get a lot of BSODs related to somewhat incompatible RAM etc.My audio suddenly stopped working, I'm certain that if I restarted the PC the audio would normally return. Instead though, I attempted to run the sound problems troubleshooter. Upon...
  4. Nahimic mirroring device uninstall

Nahimic mirroring device uninstall: Good day I am using Windows version 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I have a driver called the Nahimic mirroring device in the device manager which doesnt seem to belong there. Im trying to uninstall it but whenever i restart my pc it pops up into device manager again. I...
  5. Unable to download Daily Mirror

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Daily Mirror: I paid for the daily mirror download and when I try to download it keeps going back to the subscription page ***Modified title from: daily mirror*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-daily-mirror/517d943a-5119-4f70-bf75-a0e809f04332
  6. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  7. Send audio from any Windows app to Chromecast

Send audio from any Windows app to Chromecast: I have struggled to find software that will send audio from any Windows app (such as iTunes or Firefox) to Chromecast devices and Google Home speakers. The software that I have recently found and that I have been using with success is described at ......
  8. Unable to see any Chromecast device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to see any Chromecast device: I've tried everything in the following link but still no go [FIXED] Chromecast Not Working on Windows - WindowsFish On my other laptops I have no problem casting from Google Chrome by simply right click->cast. Just got a new laptop and it doesn't see any of the cast devices....
  9. chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  10. Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast: Hi there seems plenty of stuff around to GET audio from TV TO a phone --I'd like it the OTHER way around --FROM PHONE TO TV. I can use Bluetooth for a Bluetooth speaker - but Bluetooth is pretty horrible compared with decent HD audio -- and the top end phones have quite...