Windows 10: Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB

Discus and support Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have used the original Chromecast for years, on two earlier Tablet PCs. Now that I need to connect to my new Tablet PC and a new Hub supplied by m y... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clayto, Jan 23, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB

I have used the original Chromecast for years, on two earlier Tablet PCs. Now that I need to connect to my new Tablet PC and a new Hub supplied by m y Broadband service, I often get a message on the TV saying "Reconnect me ---the TV cannot find the wireless HUB" etc. Only my old HUB details are displayed, not unexpectedly. I thought It would be fairly straightforward to register my new HUB and network. However most of the information / guidance I have found deals with Android or IOS, and making the connection through the Google Home app, which is not available for Windows PC. One suggestion is to use an Android Emulator which I feel is a 'hammer to crack a nut.'

I rarely use the Google Chrome browser but have tried it and sometimes it works fine (eg, with YouTube) but I still often get the message quoted above, and anyway so far it seems to be much the same as with Chromium Edge with regard to the Hub and network, reporting that my device, the TV 'is not supported'.

I would appreciate suggestions and some clarification, for example how is it that sometimes the connection works even though the connection / Hub cannot be found?

:)

clayto, Jan 23, 2021

2. Google Chromecast Compatibility

Hi Raven,

We apologies for the misunderstanding about the Google Chrome cast device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to set up Chromecast and check if it helps.

Set Up Chromecast

Set up your Chromecast device - Android - Chromecast Help

If you still face the issue you can contact the Chrome cast help Center at the link given below.

Welcome to the Chromecast Help Center

Choose a device below to get started in the Help Center - Chromecast Help#

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 23, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 23, 2021
  4. S-and-S Win User

Casting PC to Chromecast

You can certainly cast from your PC with a Chromecast - here's an introduction:

How to cast: A quick start guide

You can't setup a Chromecast from a PC. You'll need your Android phone and the Google Home app.

S-and-S, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Chromecast log in for new PC and HUB - Similar Threads - Chromecast log HUB

2. Feedback Hub cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub cannot log in: After pressing the sign in button, the pop-up dialog does not appear, or appears very briefly a few frames before closing itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-cannot-log-in/79cfc2eb-9a65-4454-a621-529713dde2db
  3. Feedback Hub cannot log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub cannot log in: After pressing the sign in button, the pop-up dialog does not appear, or appears very briefly a few frames before closing itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub-cannot-log-in/79cfc2eb-9a65-4454-a621-529713dde2db
  4. Log in on new PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in on new PC: Hi everyone, I have bought a new PC and I'm trying to log into my account on Windows for the very first time.There's just one problem! It's already been set up a generic account so you can download things but when it's not accepting my password. What happens is I go to sign...
  5. ChromeCast app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ChromeCast app: I just recently bought the ChromeCast app on my laptop and my Oculus Quest isn't able to see it on its casting list. I just wanna know if this app is compatible with VR and if so, then it must be my headset....
  6. Opera chromecast

in Browsers and Email
    Opera chromecast: I never got to make both work together. I see old video of people that have in their setting a tab that enable them to see a chomecast tab. Like this guy, but I don't see that tab. I have the latest version 67.0.3575.137 Opera is up to date Last checked on Saturday, April...
  7. New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC, problem need help Chromecast, Casting, NAS: Hi previous pc setup was working fine, new pc cannot cast to device, chromecast or access my NAS. Headache need help after hours of meddling. I have tried turning on and off my kaspersky total security, windows defenders, turn on discovery network and workgroup. Nothing...
  8. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  9. Casting PC to Chromecast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting PC to Chromecast: Is this possible and where do I find info on how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting-pc-to-chromecast/8d41162b-3230-421c-ba7f-0f3d5f14917b
  10. chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159