Windows 10: Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

Discus and support Chromecast no long working from Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure exactly which update broke this, but I can no longer cast to my google speakers from any Windows app. Spotify's desktop app is my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ScottFeinstein, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

Not sure exactly which update broke this, but I can no longer cast to my google speakers from any Windows app. Spotify's desktop app is my main use-case.Until a month or so ago I had no problem casting from my Windows 11 desktop to Google speakers on the same network.Now when I try to cast from the desktop via spotify, chrome or anything else it makes a chime *on the speaker* but still spins forever on the desktop with a "connecting to" message and eventually fails.It is NOT just spotify; I can't cast from Chrome or anything else either.I *can* cast successfully from my Android phone, also

:)

ScottFeinstein, Oct 2, 2022

2. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

Hi,

In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and chromecast can’t communicate together in window 11 hotspot.

Anybody can help?

Thanks!

Edmond

Edmond1233, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Google Chromecast Compatibility

Hi Raven,

We apologies for the misunderstanding about the Google Chrome cast device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to set up Chromecast and check if it helps.

Set Up Chromecast

Set up your Chromecast device (3rd gen or older) - Android - Chromecast Help

If you still face the issue you can contact the Chrome cast help Center at the link given below.

Welcome to the Chromecast Help Center

Choose a device below to get started in the Help Center - Chromecast Help#

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 2, 2022
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

BulldogXX, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

1. Chromecast no long working from Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Chromecast long working

2. Chromecast no long working from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromecast no long working from Windows 11: Not sure exactly which update broke this, but I can no longer cast to my google speakers from any Windows app. Spotify's desktop app is my main use-case.Until a month or so ago I had no problem casting from my Windows 11 desktop to Google speakers on the same network.Now when...
  3. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast: Hi,In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and chromecast can’t communicate together in window 11 hotspot.Anybody can help?Thanks!Edmond...
  4. Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 hotspot for Chromecast: Hi,In window 10, I can connect the Google chromecast through the mobile hotspot by my iPhone, but I can’t do this in window 11. It seems my iPhone and chromecast can’t communicate together in window 11 hotspot.Anybody can help?Thanks!Edmond...
  5. How to Chromecast from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Chromecast from Edge browser: Windows 10 Pro 1903 ver 18362.535 I have read that Edge supports the use of Chromecast to send from a webpage. In particular I quote this link How to Cast Media from Microsoft Edge to Google Chromecast "The “Cast tab” will find all the Chromecast devices on your network. And...
  6. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?...
  7. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  8. How to Chromecast from Windows Media Player

How to Chromecast from Windows Media Player: Is it possible to Chromecast from Windows 10 Media Player, and if so how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-chromecast-from-windows-media-player/af874a74-80d1-45c9-b37b-edbd2e4ecea6
  9. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  10. chromecast from windows 10 photo app

chromecast from windows 10 photo app: can microsoft photo on windows 10 cast to tv using chromecast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/chromecast-from-windows-10-photo-app/a70a399d-3a66-4693-8802-cae6fbd6d3b3