Windows 10: Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

Discus and support Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google is actively working on dark mode implementation in Chrome for Windows 10 and other platforms. Windows 10 and macOS has a system-wide dark theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 6, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

Google is actively working on dark mode implementation in Chrome for Windows 10 and other platforms. Windows 10 and macOS has a system-wide dark theme which if enabled brings dark appearance to all compatible apps. Google’s next update to Chrome will make it compatible with the system-wide dark mode.

According to various findings, Chrome is getting a dark mode on Windows 10, compatible with the OS’s native dark mode. Chrome’s dark appearance covers the new tab, downloads, history, bookmark manager, settings, extensions pages and other areas.

While Chrome’s dark mode looks good, there are multiple glitches at the moment. For example, the texts in the menu, bookmark folders and find in Page have the same background and foreground colours. As the foreground is black and the background is dark grey, it is apparently difficult to read the texts.

Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches Chrome-find-in-page.jpg
    Find in page feature uses white text

As the bug report on Chromium points out, this bug causes Bookmarks folders to have a dark background, but the text is not white. Similarly, the text in the menu is also black. It also causes Find in Page to have white text, but it does not have a dark background. In all these cases, it is difficult to read the texts.

Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches Chrome-menu.jpg

First spotted by us, Chromium contributor Robert Liao has now submitted a commit which aims to address this glitch and the commit is being reviewed by Google software engineer Peter Kasting, who confirmed the development of dark mode for the desktop last year.

The Chromium post is titled ‘Route Dark Mode Windows Colors through GetAuraColor()’ and it is supposed to address the glitch where the text is not white when the background is dark.

“Win32 system colors currently don’t support Dark Mode. As a result, fallback on the Aura colors. Inverted color schemes can be ignored here as it’s only true when Chrome is running on a high-contrast AND when the relative luminance of COLOR_WINDOWTEXT is greater than COLOR_WINDOW (e.g. white on black), which is basically like dark mode,” the post revealed.

At the time of writing this story, the fix for Chrome’s dark mode glitches is not live in the Canary version.

It’s worth noting that this change is currently still in development, and as such, it’s going to be a while before we get a usable dark mode for Chrome in the stable branch.

The post Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 6, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches

1. Chrome’s dark mode getting ready for Windows 10 as Google to fix glitches - Similar Threads - Chrome’s dark mode

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome: Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to normal except for Google Chrome. Certain websites aren't going to light mode and really messing up the content display on the...
  4. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  5. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  6. Google Chrome glitch when switching to tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome glitch when switching to tablet mode: When I switch to tablet mode on my 2-in-1 laptop in Google Chrome, it glitches and flashes for around 10 seconds. I'm not sure if it's an issue with Chrome not being compatible with tablet mode on Windows 10, but other apps work. Is there any solution to this or anything that...
  7. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  8. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  9. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10: The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with...
  10. Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon: One of the most anticipated Google Chrome feature is the dark theme integration. By the looks of things, Google appears to be working on dark theme treatment for its Chrome browser on the desktop platform and macOS could be the first operating system to get access to Chrome’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dark mode glitching