Windows 10: Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents

Discus and support Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In October 2018, Google enabled support for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) inside the Chrome browser. This feature allowed websites to display a floating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents

In October 2018, Google enabled support for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) inside the Chrome browser. This feature allowed websites to display a floating video popup outside the browser container and let users watch the content while using other applications.

PiP is useful and it does improve multitasking to some extent, but there hasn’t been any way to load non-video contents in the picture-in-picture container. It looks like Google is finally considering adding support for non-video contents to load inside the picture-in-picture mode’s mini window.

As per a post by Google, the engineers are considering adding “support for requesting a Picture-in-Picture window that can contain arbitrary HTML content instead of a video layer”. Interestingly, the content doesn’t have to be interactive to load inside the PiP container.

Google says that Picture-in-Picture functionality is currently limited to HTMLVideoElement only. The API finds the video layer and move it into a window that is adaptable, but web publishers have expressed interest for a more flexible API.

In the near future, Chromium-based web browsers should be able to load arbitrary HTML content instead of just videos. The Chrome Status page suggests that the updated PiP mode is in development and there is no release date at the moment.

Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents PiP-for-Chrome.jpg

“We are adding support for requesting a Picture-in-Picture window that can contain interactive arbitrary HTML content instead of a video layer,” explains another document from Google.

The post Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 28, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 28, 2019
  4. RonV42 Win User

This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

1. How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    2. How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents [​IMG]

RonV42, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Chrome’s picture in picture mode may soon support non-video contents - Similar Threads - Chrome’s picture picture

2. spotlight pictures content search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spotlight pictures content search: %systemroot%\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ I have windows 11 background set to Spotlight pictures slideshow.I like that i have a different picture everyday, so i try and find where the...
  3. spotlight pictures content search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spotlight pictures content search: %systemroot%\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ I have windows 11 background set to Spotlight pictures slideshow.I like that i have a different picture everyday, so i try and find where the...
  4. Chrome’s picture-in-picture mode could get a big update on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome’s picture-in-picture mode could get a big update on Windows: Google is planning to make a big change to Chrome’s picture-in-picture mode that will allow users to open non-video content. This new version of picture-in-picture might support interactive media contents like images or certain types of embedded contents like audio while you...
  5. showing pictures content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    showing pictures content: Dear Microsoft Team.. Regarding to latest windows 10 update the pictures on my pc won't to show its content , pictures files display as a file without showing or preview what's inside it. I tried to rest default apps to get back with better app to preview what's inside my...
  6. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  7. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  8. Picture mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture mode: Hello, I have a small question about what would be the best ''picture mode'' for me to use on my LG monitor. It has a few options which from i mainly use Cinema mode, since i play a lot of gamesmainly GTA V but also watch a lot of YouTube and Anime. But since a few days i...
  9. How to Picture In Picture and float a youtube video

in Browsers and Email
    How to Picture In Picture and float a youtube video: Good afternoon all, How to Picture In Picture and float a Youtube video in Edge Win10 so that it stays afloat when browsing other websites ? Thanks GL 142673
  10. video and picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video and picture: Just got my new pc and my video and picture taking is not working right,when I try to take a picture all I see is a black back ground in the picture like I took it in the dark and the video does the same thing? is there a setting that I need to turn on????...