Windows 10: Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot.

Discus and support Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop: Windows 10/ winver 1803 My Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section instead of the background process section of Task Manager (TM)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClarenceM1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot.

My laptop: Windows 10/ winver 1803

My Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section instead of the background process section of Task Manager (TM) and it made my laptop lags badly and heats up fast.

I have been playing using this PC for a long time, and when I play this game (Warframe), I always have my browser (which always has 30+ tabs open, for work stuff) and a torrent client app.

Usually, I only play 1 hour-ish, and then I close the game to rest. But last night, since there's a new expansion in the game (and it's a very CPU-heavy expansion), I play for 2 hours+. For the last minutes I played, the game was very lagging. That's why I thought "okay, I've been playing for too long, probably I have to restart my laptop to empty the RAM). I closed the game, but the window wouldn't disappear, so I opened Task manager, which was a pain because it wasn't responding too. I deleted the game process from the Task manager, closed my torrent client (without using TM), and when I switched to Chrome window, it was really lagging even though the game & torrent client were already closed. But I managed to close it.

And when I tried to shut down, it turned out it was "update and shut down", I was like okay, since I wanted to have dinner anyway, so I left my laptop.

Half an hour later, it was off. The startup was very slow (which wasn't usual). Opening Chrome would make the laptop lag very bad, opening a new tab takes 5 minutes+. I didn't even open my game & torrent client. I thought, oh maybe 30 minutes rest is not enough, so I shut it down and went to bed.
    This morning, while I could start the laptop fast as usual, the Steam "updating steam bar" took forever that I even clicked cancel. Then I opened Chrome, which was also fast. But when I opened the game startup menu (not even the game yet), my laptop was loud as bleep, the loudest it's ever been.

But in Task Manager, I do realize that something is different with Chrome in Task Manager.
    Usually, it only has one Google Chrome in the apps section and lots of Google Chrome in the background process section. But now it has Google Chrome (52) in the apps section
    Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. XAqSqgu.png

with lots of Google Chromes when I expanded it: Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. Faq8DNv.png

and none in the "Background process" section. Does all of this happen because it used to not open all of them at once? I do realize that all of my tabs are "active", usually I have to click on that tab (especially older tabs that I haven't clicked at all) to reload & get the page.
    Usually, it's like this.
    Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. win10-task-manager-app-detailed.png
    Image not mine.

How do I fix this? How do I make Chrome send all those processes & pages to background process again? I've turned off Superfetch, even though I was doing fine with it being on before. Oh and is this normal? 130 mb for Windows Defender? Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. ytLDSbf.png .

My problem is similar to his https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/z2ya3elq5xI but too bad there wasn't any solution.

:)

ClarenceM1, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 17, 2018
  3. borgus Win User
    BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Nov 17, 2018
  4. borate Win User

Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot.

STORE apps background processes cause keyboard shortcut lag (revisited)

Store-derived apps running as a background process cause a four-second lag when
    keyboard input is used to launch any shortcut.

Calculator, as an example, spontaneously appears as a background process, or any store app may invoke STORE in the background, as seen in taskmanager. If either is shown there, a keyboard shortcut launch will lag. When launched manually, calculator does not
    appear as a background process, but later - even when not used - it will eventually be listed.

At times there's a lag even without these processes running, but that is infrequent and may occur after rebooting. Lag can be banished by clicking the notification icon or killing the SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST process, which hints that it's related to the problem.
    The process restarts spontaneously, but the lag doesn't return until, often, the next boot.

Some posts hint that this issue has been ongoing for years, but it first became evident here in Windows 10. Is there a way to prevent store apps from running in the background? Better still, is there a way to prevent the lag when they do?

borate, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot.

1. Chrome's processes are now in the Apps section of TM & it made my PC lag a lot. - Similar Threads - Chrome's processes are

2. PC lags a lot in big games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags a lot in big games: In games if the stuff in the game is bag after a few minutes I think depending on the game my pc will lag a lot not like just the game my whole pc and its there forever so if I close the game and re open it the game will still lag Note: I already did a system recovery so if...
  3. PC lags a lot in big games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lags a lot in big games: In games if the stuff in the game is bag after a few minutes I think depending on the game my pc will lag a lot not like just the game my whole pc and its there forever so if I close the game and re open it the game will still lag Note: I already did a system recovery so if...
  4. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop lags a lot: I've got a new laptop a month ago with windows 7 installed in it. But after using some days it started lagging i thought it might be because of old version of windows so i got windows 10 installed in my laptop but it still lagging. So what could i do in this regard to improve...
  5. My Laptop lags a lot

My Laptop lags a lot: I've got a new laptop a month ago with windows 7 installed in it. But after using some days it started lagging i thought it might be because of old version of windows so i got windows 10 installed in my laptop but it still lagging. So what could i do in this regard to improve...
  6. My Laptop lags a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Crashing a lot now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing a lot now: HI I have had my pc crash but it not a blue screen just the screen goes blank and my keyboard and mouse shut off but the computer is still running in this state tell I shut it down with the power switch and start it again it. Only used to happen while play Battlefield V for 4...
  8. Laptop lagging a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lagging a lot: I was getting BSOD earlierImage 1 and uninstalling windows quality update worked for me but now the laptop is literally taking 30 mins to open anything. Even the startup time has increased. I checked task manager and it shows 100% disk usage Image 2 even though no app is...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App - Lags a lot!

Windows 10 Mail App - Lags a lot!: Hello everyone, I have recently gone from a potato to a spaceship when it comes to my computer. Everything is lightning fast on my new computer and its about 400% more powerful than my old PC. But the Mail App that comes with Windows 10 is lagging like crazy! We are...
  10. Lots of processes showing under apps or programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lots of processes showing under apps or programs: I'm having problems with programs that show many processes running under I.E. windows edge. It shows 11 processes running and they show them in task manager. This didn't use to happen. Even now my Flight simulator X has about 6 or 7 showing when it should be 1. If I start fsx...