Windows 10: Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10

Discus and support Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After adopting the dark mode, implementing an early version of tab preview, Google is now working on a new feature that will give a native feel to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 13, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10

After adopting the dark mode, implementing an early version of tab preview, Google is now working on a new feature that will give a native feel to Chrome-based Progressive Web Apps.

The new Chrome 73 beta update comes with an experimental Badges feature for the Progressive Web Apps installed via the Chrome browser. If you install PWAs through Chrome and pin the web apps to the taskbar, the pinned PWAs such as Twitter will display a badge for unread messages or notifications.

The interface of badge varies according to the operating system. For example, Windows 10 users will see a number is displayed for unread messages.

Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10 PWAs-badges.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Google

According to Google’s document, the Badging API is a new web platform API which allows the installed web apps to display a badge. The badging makes it easier for users to get notified about a new activity which requires attention.

The Badges are updated with a much higher frequency than notifications and are user-friendly and do not require special permission to use them. The new Badging API is currently being tested with beta users and Google has not announced any ETA as to when the feature will be released to the public.

Faster installation of PWAs in Chrome

According to a new Chromium commit that we have spotted, Google is also planning to add an option to the Omnibox (address bar) that will allow users to quickly install PWAs.

“Add flag for omnibox installation button for PWA sites. This CL adds a feature flag for the new omnibox installation button for PWAs,” the commit reads.

Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10 Chrome-PWAs.jpg

Google has already added a flag to Chrome Canary but it is not working at the moment and it is also not known when the feature will be added to the main version of Chrome.

Multimedia keys

The Chrome 73 beta update also comes with support for keyboards multimedia keys on Windows 10. Chrome users will soon be able to use their keyboard to pause or resume a track.

Users currently are not able to pause or resume a YouTube video in Chrome when multimedia keys are pressed on the keyboard. This is going to change with the release of Chrome 73 next month.

Google Chrome 73 is expected to launch next month with support for multimedia keys and several other improvements, including support for badges API.

The post Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Raysim52 Win User

Microsoft launcher - notification badges numbers are not working on my Verizon LG V30 running Android Oreo

The steps I took to turn on Notification badges agree with what you have suggested and I did turn on
    notification badges in all apps.

The reason I posted this issue on this site is because Microsoft is the developer of this app.

Raysim52, Feb 13, 2019
  3. srini_08 Win User
    windows 10 notification number badge not showing

the notification number badge not showing in windows 10 ann. upt.

show number notification setting is on.

what else may be missing.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

srini_08, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much more. One feature that wasn’t really talked about much but evident during the session was taskbar badging. As you can see in the image below, taskbar badging is for Universal Windows Platform apps and showcases a notification counter on the taskbar.

Source
    Taskbar Notification Badges are coming to Windows 10 Universal apps

hTconeM9user, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10

1. Chrome’s PWAs to support notification badges on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chrome’s PWAs support

2. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  3. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?: Hi,so i was wondering if it is possible to disable the email badge notification thingy on the taskbar for a specific emailone of my emails gets a bunch of spam and 99/100 times it says i have a new email so i check it and it turns out its the spam email accountwich isnt too...
  4. any way to disable the ''windows mail notification badge''?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  6. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed: Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004. What else...
  7. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  8. Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing native-like experience to Chrome PWAs: In order to help Google seamlessly integrate PWAs services with its browser, Microsoft is planning to add URL Protocol Handler Registration support for Progressive Web Apps. The integration is pretty neat and it aims to create a more engaging native-like experience....
  9. Microsoft is adding Shortcuts menu to Chrome PWAs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is adding Shortcuts menu to Chrome PWAs: Microsoft has been trying to tackle the lack of apps in the Windows Store with Progressive Web Apps. Microsoft allows developers to submit and publish their PWAs in the Store and the company is also working to improve support for PWAs available outside its app store. Google...
  10. Google Chrome 70 adds support for Desktop PWAs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 70 adds support for Desktop PWAs on Windows 10: Google Chrome 70 adds support for Desktop Progressive Web Apps on Windows, adds support for Public Key Credentials to the Credential Management API, allows you to provide a name to dedicated workers and plenty more. Let’s dive in and see what’s new for developers in Chrome...