Windows 10: Chromium automatic update dialog box problem

Discus and support Chromium automatic update dialog box problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] this is a screenshot of the dialog box which appears often and it does not allow me to close it or even switch to any other window/dialog box.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SypherSP, Jul 19, 2018.

1. SypherSP Win User

Chromium automatic update dialog box problem

Chromium automatic update dialog box problem 7a6627f4-8cd7-40fa-b831-2a6f876366a7?upload=true.png this is a screenshot of the dialog box which appears often and it does not allow me to close it or even switch to any other window/dialog box. even the task manager stayed behind this. whenever i clocked anywhere outside the 'Automatic Update' dialog box, it automatically made this the active window.

I do not even have chromium installed(it was previously installed and had to forcefully unistall it by deleting it, but it still shows in the installed application list and i cannot uninstall it from there.

Chromium automatic update dialog box problem d2ddcddd-8855-4969-9682-3dde87901ec1?upload=true.png Ultimately i had to close the 'Automatic Update' window by Alt+F4 command. I am pretty sure this is a malware. I need some help in removing this.

:)

SypherSP, Jul 19, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 19, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Chromium automatic update dialog box problem :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Chromium automatic update dialog box problem - Similar Threads - Chromium automatic update

2. printer dialog box problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer dialog box problem: Since the installation of Windows 11 it is no more possible to print with the printer dialog box function and this on the 2 printers which are connected to my PC. I get a message "Printing impossible . check your printer and try again"I have re-installed the 2 printers with...
  3. printer dialog box problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer dialog box problem: Since the installation of Windows 11 it is no more possible to print with the printer dialog box function and this on the 2 printers which are connected to my PC. I get a message "Printing impossible . check your printer and try again"I have re-installed the 2 printers with...
  4. No Password Box Dialog

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Password Box Dialog: I Am A Tech Savvy Adminstrator Who Keeps Trying New Things, But I Encountered A Problem, I Was Just Optimizing My Windows With Some Scripts But After Running The Script And Restarting, I Realized I Screwed Up. I Can't Enter My Laptop Password Now, There Is No Dialog Box In...
  5. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  6. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  7. Sign-in dialog box closes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in dialog box closes automatically: so for all Windows10 apps sometimes you need to sign in via Dialog box to sign in your details. for me though.....it closes automatically so please help me with this issue so I can sign in again and this is the same with Microsoft edge...
  8. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  9. "The setup must update..." Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The setup must update..." Dialog Box: [ATTACH] I have no idea why, but whenever I try installing Minecraft, I get a dialog box that stops me from installing it and making it fail. It even happens when I try to uninstall the launcher (repairing the launcher does nothing) and at this point, I'm at a loss. I'm...
  10. Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes: Earlier this year after updating Windows there was a neat feature that when a Save or Open/Import dialog box in a program opened that I could click an open Windows Explorer window and the dialog box would automatically jump to the same directory. This saved me a lot of time...