Windows 10: Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10

Discus and support Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google Chrome and Chrome-derivatives including Opera take about 80 percent of the market, with Firefox, being the only independent web browser that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10

Google Chrome and Chrome-derivatives including Opera take about 80 percent of the market, with Firefox, being the only independent web browser that is maintained across all platforms.

Last year, Microsoft decided to end development of its own web rendering engine ‘EdgeHTML’ and switch to Chromium. It appears that Apple is also planning to abandon the WebKit rendering engine and move to Chromium for its first-party web browser.

According to a new bug post on Chromium, Apple could replace its Safari browser, which uses the company’s homegrown rendering engine, with a browser built on Chromium, the open-source platform founded by Google.

Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10 Safari-bug-post.png

The bug post, which is now hidden, revealed that an Apple engineer is requesting “Intelligent Tracking Prevention” or ITP to be activated in Chromium 80. ITP is Apple’s solution to crack down on ad tracking through Safari browser and this term is exclusively used in Apple products.

Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10 Safari-for-Windows-10.png

The same Apple engineer has also posted a screenshot that shows off Chromium-based Safari browser running on Windows 10 and the browser appears to be in the early stage of development.

Distinguishing the Chromium-based Safari from Chrome will be another question, but the screenshots suggest that the rebuilt browser would have a user interface similar to the current Safari browser.

Just like Microsoft Edge, the Chromium-powered Apple Safari will have more flexibility and improved compatibility with the websites.

It’s also worth pointing out that the bug post is aimed at Chromium for Windows, Mac and even Linux.

This could mean that Apple’s Chromium-based Safari browser may launch on three major desktop platforms or the Linux term could be referring to Android.

The post Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Bill Smithers, Dec 27, 2019
  4. ABCritter Win User

Suits Apple is no longer supporting safari for windows I have tried to uninstall it using the traditional remove program feature in windows

Original Title - Uninstalling Safari

Suits Apple is no longer supporting safari for windows I have tried to uninstall it using the traditional remove program feature in windows. I'm using windows 10 on a Dell machine originally loaded with Windows 7 Pro.

Using this method does not have any effect the program remained intact. I tried using the modify and repair method and received and error message saying that it had encountered errors and did not change the program .

I asked the same question on an Apple forum and they suggested just dragging the icon into the recycle bin, which can not be done in Windows. However I could send the program folder out of the x86 Programs directory to the recycle bin. This got rid of
    the program however it left a shortcut in the App list and it still shows up in the applications directory under Settings- System Display, Notifications, Apps, Power.

Any suggestions on how to remove it from that list.

Thanks,

Alan

ABCritter, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Chromium-based Apple Safari is heading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chromium based Apple

2. Apple Safari Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apple Safari Browser . . .: I'm using a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro:I want to, download, and install. The, Apple Safari browser.It's far, better. Than any, Windows browser!They're final version, was written. A few years ago.It, will work on Windows 10. But the problem, I'm having.Is, finding...
  3. Apple Safari Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Safari Browser . . .: I'm using a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro:I want to, download, and install. The, Apple Safari browser.It's far, better. Than any, Windows browser!They're final version, was written. A few years ago.It, will work on Windows 10. But the problem, I'm having.Is, finding...
  4. Apple Safari Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having this issue and it's really getting frustrating for me. It's a really stubborn problem. Things I've tried: 1. Updating Chrome 2. Renaming chrome.exe to something else 3. Clearing cache and cookies 4. Disabling steam running on startup (apparently this...
  6. sAFARI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sAFARI: The program Safari cannot open page because too many redirects occurred. Jeannette White *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Not happening before the new Micro Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safari/f1bc056c-7b63-452f-b843-2fe889b3b459
  7. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  8. Apple Safari Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apple Safari Browser . . .: I'm using a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro: I want to, download, and install. The, Apple Safari, browser. They, have a version, that was written. A few years ago. It, will work on Windows 10. The problem, I'm having is. Getting it, is very confusing? I started to...
  9. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918
  10. Microsoft is reportedly working on Chromium-based browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly working on Chromium-based browser for Windows 10: Wild rumour of the day says Microsoft is making a new web browser that uses the Chromium source code. The browser is reportedly codenamed Anaheim and it will replace Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. More recently, we’ve heard that Microsoft is working on Windows Core OS, a...