Windows 10: Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

Discus and support Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Desperate to have some help with a problem that's been driving me crazy. I wanted to install Google Chrome on my laptop, to use website features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QuietWolf674, May 28, 2022.

1. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

Hello,Desperate to have some help with a problem that's been driving me crazy. I wanted to install Google Chrome on my laptop, to use website features that don't work on Firefox. However, after only a few minutes of using it, I encounter a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE crash. I don't know what's causing it, or how to fix it. I've also tried using Microsoft Edge instead, but had exactly the same problem! I've had this problem several times in the past while using other software, but could never find out what was causing it.Please, can anyone take a look at my minidump files, and help me fix this?

:)

QuietWolf674, May 28, 2022
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, May 28, 2022
  3. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 28, 2022
Thema:

Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

1. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD - Similar Threads - Chromium Based Browsers

2. Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers: Show Password Button/Link does not work in the Password Manager on Chromium Based browsers such as MS Edge or Google Chrome running on Windows 11 22H2.At times, nothing will happen and at other times the cursor will keep rolling for a few seconds as if a new browser tab is...
  3. Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Manager Issues on Chromium Based Browsers: Show Password Button/Link does not work in the Password Manager on Chromium Based browsers such as MS Edge or Google Chrome running on Windows 11 22H2.At times, nothing will happen and at other times the cursor will keep rolling for a few seconds as if a new browser tab is...
  4. Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD

Chromium Based Browsers Causing BSOD: Hello,Desperate to have some help with a problem that's been driving me crazy. I wanted to install Google Chrome on my laptop, to use website features that don't work on Firefox. However, after only a few minutes of using it, I encounter a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE crash. I...
  5. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  6. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  7. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  8. Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having this issue and it's really getting frustrating for me. It's a really stubborn problem. Things I've tried: 1. Updating Chrome 2. Renaming chrome.exe to something else 3. Clearing cache and cookies 4. Disabling steam running on startup (apparently this...
  9. Chromium based apps crash or cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chromium based apps crash or cause BSOD: One week ago i reinstalled my desktop PC to make it fast and clean again. Ever since anything Chromium based could crash 2 times a day to 10 times a day. This is not only Chrome but also Slack, Discord and VScode. I also experience other issue's where for example VScode...
  10. Chromium based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chromium based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Short story long, every chromium based browser is causing BSOD either when starting or after a while of running, i'm not sure if that's connected but I also can't install the KB4494441 update which results in an 0x800f0982 error, event log doesn't really spit out any errors...