Windows 10: Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode

Discus and support Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently launched Chromium-powered Edge browser for Windows 10 with a new look and many improvements that are not present in Chrome. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 16, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode

Microsoft recently launched Chromium-powered Edge browser for Windows 10 with a new look and many improvements that are not present in Chrome. For example, the new Edge has a reading mode, a better PDF reader, customizable profile icons, support for streaming 4K contents and a lot more.

Unlike the classic Edge browser, the new Edge can be launched with administrative privileges. If you accidentally or intentionally start the Edge browser in administrator mode, it will display a notification warning user to close Microsoft Edge and relaunch it in non-administrator mode as it ensures the best performance.

While this warning notification may appear like a minor change, it could potentially improve the security and performance of the browser.

Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode Microsoft-Edge-administrative-mode.jpg

For example, if you accidentally launch Edge browser in administrator mode and launch a downloaded program from Edge, the app also retains the privileges. It could be a problem when it is not recommended to give administrative privileges to the downloaded software.

By closing the Edge and reopening it without Administrator privileges, you can experience greater performance and as well as security.

Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode Edge-administrator-mode.jpg

Unlike the Chromium-based Edge browser, Google Chrome does not warn users when they launch the browser with administrative privileges.

Other improvements

The latest update for Edge Canary, which advances the browser to Build (75.0.130.0), addresses a crashing bug.

“A big thank you to the community for identifying an issue over the weekend that caused Canary to crash while two-fingered touch pad scrolling. While this update should fix this, please let us know if you continue to have any issues,” Microsoft Edge team announced on Twitter.

Microsoft pushes out refinements to its Edge Insider builds regularly. If you haven’t installed Edge browser yet, you can download and learn more about it here.

The post Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode

Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode

1. Chromium-based Edge for Windows 10 to warn users in administrator mode - Similar Threads - Chromium based Edge

2. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  3. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  4. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium IE Mode Question: Hey all, I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up from MS and other sites tell me to enable it in edge://flags but it's not there and a few sites have said to check it in...
  5. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode EDGE Chromium hatası

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode EDGE Chromium hatası: Merhaba; Uzun zamandır Windows 10 Kiosk mode için EDGE Chromium bekliyordum. Fakat bir türlü EDGE Chromiumu, Windows 10 Kiosk modda çalıştıramadım. Sürekli mavi ekranda kalıyor. Forumlarda da bu konu hakkında tam bir çözüm bulmadım. Acil yardımlarınız bekliyorum....
  6. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  7. Chromium based Edge seems buggy

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based Edge seems buggy: Has anyone downloaded the new Edge from Microsoft? It has been downloaded and installed on most of all of my family's PC's by me. But at times, it can seem really buggy. For example, I am a Verizon Wireless customer and when I log into the website at Verizon and X out of the...
  8. Chromium-based Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 is getting a new update

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium-based Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 is getting a new update: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for both Edge Dev and Canary. The latest update comes with minor changes, fix for an issue that may have resulted in higher CPU usage when the browser was idle, and more. Microsoft is rolling out Edge Dev Build 76.0.167.0 and Canary...
  9. Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?: Does anyone know if the developer tools in the new Chromium-based Edge are Edge’s tool or Chrome’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dev-tools-in-chromium-based-edge/bc0d878e-4d31-40ef-a861-98055bb0fd36
  10. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918

Users found this page by searching for:

1. determine if my edge is chromium how to get ways in which just installed