Windows 10: Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator

Discus and support Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s new Edge is now available for Windows 10 and while it comes with all important features, many functionalities that were promised are due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator

Microsoft’s new Edge is now available for Windows 10 and while it comes with all important features, many functionalities that were promised are due to arrive.

In addition to smooth scrolling, dark theme and other functionalities, the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser will be also getting support for native translation. It looks like some customers in certain regions are already able to access Microsoft’s text translation feature in Edge.

Chromium Edge will be powered by Microsoft Translator service that would allow the browser to translate websites in foreign languages. In select regions, Microsoft has quietly enabled a new feature in Edge Canary that allows users to access Microsoft Translator.

Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator Edge-translator-feature.jpg

If you open a webpage in a foreign language, you can tap on Translator icon right to the address bar. This would allow the Edge browser to translate the foreign language to your choice of language or English.

Microsoft Edge will automatically translate the webpage if the content is in a different language than the one set as the system language.

Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator Edge-translator.jpg

In the old Microsoft Edge, the users were required to download an extension from Microsoft Store to translate webpages in the browser.

It is worth noting that the feature is not live for everyone in the Canary version of Microsoft Edge, but it is likely to arrive in a few days.

The post Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 12, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Translator

Hi,

One way of stopping Microsoft Translator is by uninstalling it. In order for you to uninstall the app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "translator".
    • Right-click Translator and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Apr 12, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator - Similar Threads - Chromium based Microsoft

2. Microsoft has improved Edge's built-in translator.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft has improved Edge's built-in translator.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is8eri/microsoft_has_improved_edges_builtin_translator/
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  4. Making Google Translate work with Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making Google Translate work with Microsoft Edge Chromium: Is it anyhow possible to make translation popups of Google translate work in Edge Chromium? Edge, like all the other Chromium derivatives, doesn't handle double tapping/double touch which is the key to select a word and thus bring up the translation popup. Thinking in mouse...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium: Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I tried it on 4-5 systems. can any one please help me. 150874
  7. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  8. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium: Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I tried it on 4-5 systems. can any one please help me. 150874
  9. Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Translator on Microsoft Edge: Why cant I get a translator that actually works in Edge I mean I like the browser it self but if I try to install any usefull app it doesnt work ! I didn't think Microsoft is so withdrawn... ***Modified the title from Translator***...
  10. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to know if you edge has been upgraded to the new chromium based

2. does chromium edge have a built-in translator

3. willnew edge chromium browser have inbuilt ad blocker