Windows 10: Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs

Discus and support Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. I recently uninstalled Chromium web browser from my Windows 10 laptop computer but the app icon still appears in Default Programs. Please help. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by timothy1972b, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs

Hi. I recently uninstalled Chromium web browser from my Windows 10 laptop computer but the app icon still appears in Default Programs. Please help. I want to get rid of the icon but I am unable to. Currently running Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703).

:)

timothy1972b, Jul 27, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Chromium as default browser windows 10

I don't have chromium (or chrome) installed so I may not be able to help.

try changing from within chromium

• Click on the Wrench icon and select Options
    • In the Basics tab, click on Make Chromium my default browser in the
      Default browser section.

Martmcd, Jul 27, 2017
  3. Default Browsers changes on opening Google Chrome!

Hi,

yes, that is so. You can turn off that feature from chromium's settings. (chrome:settings)....uncheck "always check if chromium is the default browser."

and

from IE...

Tools>Internet Options>Programs tab, check "Make internet explorer the default program"

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Jul 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs

Hi, try Revo uninstaller. If there is nothing left of Chromium for Revo to find now, reinstall Chromium, exactly as before, then launch Revo and use Revo to start the uninstallation.

It runs a scan after the normal uninstaller to catch remnants. Highly recommended for years.

E.g.
    uninstall chromium browser - Windows 10 Forums

Or you could try opening the folders containing the start menu shortcuts and delete the shortcut that way.
    Or install Classic Shell start menu and delete it from there.

dalchina, Jul 27, 2017
  5. Thanks much. I tried installing Revo uninstaller and re-installing Chromium. I then uninstall Chromium using Revo and it works.

timothy1972b, Jul 28, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great- one up for Revo! Note: I routinely use Geek uninstaller (free) for uninstalling programs- does much the same job, and a bit faster for routine use. Worth using these tools routinely.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs

1. Chromium icon still appears in Default Programs - Similar Threads - Chromium icon still

2. Program does not appear in default app list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program does not appear in default app list: Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of nothing.When I go change the default app in settings, it does not show Neoconnect in the list and the only option is the win...
  3. Program does not appear in default app list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program does not appear in default app list: Hi, I need to use an app called Neoconnect+ to open Tel:0102030405 links that I click in browser.Currently it is set to use Edge and does a lot of nothing.When I go change the default app in settings, it does not show Neoconnect in the list and the only option is the win...
  4. Changing default icon appearance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default icon appearance in Windows 11: Is there a way to change the default icon appearance in Windows 11? I don't want a preview of what's inside the folder. I don't want to change it for each and every folder individually.I want to change the default from this:To this:...
  5. Changing default icon appearance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default icon appearance in Windows 11: Is there a way to change the default icon appearance in Windows 11? I don't want a preview of what's inside the folder. I don't want to change it for each and every folder individually.I want to change the default from this:To this:...
  6. Icons are appearing as a default photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are appearing as a default photo: Whenever I press the windows button and start typing in the search, all of my basic apps have a unknown image icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-appearing-as-a-default-photo/98450951-42e0-4f55-8f30-29ee2a4ae99e
  7. When I uninstall program from my computer, it will still appear, but wihout icon.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I uninstall program from my computer, it will still appear, but wihout icon.: So when i tried to uninstall LibreOffice and Realtek Audio Console, the programs are still appearing in my start menu. They are without icon and when i click "open" it does nothing. Can someone help me how to fix that? Here are the images: [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR": Hi folks, First time posting here. Hopefully one of you registry whiz-kids can help me out. Basically, I know it's a little thing, but it's certainly bothered me enough to set up an account here at TenForums. I'm something of a neatness freak, y'know. So, if you go...
  9. Appearing/disappearing taskbar and non0functioning default icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing/disappearing taskbar and non0functioning default icons?: Windows 10 Home factory installed on a new HP Envy. On boot up, there are times when the taskbar doesn't become populated and the default icons on the right and left don't function. Then there are times when the taskbar icons are populating, but the default icons don't...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...