Windows 10: Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop and lately, I've been having both Chromium and Internet Explorer installing themselves without permission. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theprettyclementine, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this?

Hello, I have a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop and lately, I've been having both Chromium and Internet Explorer installing themselves without permission. I have searched how to fix this and I can't find any Chromium folders even in my hidden files, and even trying to uninstall it directly from the apps on my computer won't work. Thank you for the help.

:)

theprettyclementine, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this?

how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this?

1. Chromium keeps installing itself. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Chromium keeps installing

2. How do I fix my PC, that bricked itself?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix my PC, that bricked itself?: In its 1st 5 months of its lifespan, it bricked itself and now performs really bad. What can I do to fix this?My specs:CPU: Intel i5-10400FCPU COOLER: COOLING SE 214 XT ARGB I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND THIS IS CPU COOLER TOWERGPU: RTX 3070 Ti ASUS TUF EDITIONMOTHERBOARD: MSI...
  3. How do I fix my PC, that bricked itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my PC, that bricked itself?: In its 1st 5 months of its lifespan, it bricked itself and now performs really bad. What can I do to fix this?My specs:CPU: Intel i5-10400FCPU COOLER: COOLING SE 214 XT ARGB I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAND THIS IS CPU COOLER TOWERGPU: RTX 3070 Ti ASUS TUF EDITIONMOTHERBOARD: MSI...
  4. How do I fix my PC, that bricked itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update Keeps Turning itself off. how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update Keeps Turning itself off. how do i fix this?: When i head into the settings Windows Update is always cutting off and i cant run any updates but i do get a blank screen with the loading dots at the top. Is there a fix for this? Really dont know what else to d....
  6. Chrominium: No matter what I do it keeps installing itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrominium: No matter what I do it keeps installing itself: Hello! Lately, I've been having a problem where Chrominium, the malware program, literally won't allow itself to be deleted. I've tried uninstalling it in the control panel, I've tried deleting the app data in my files, but nothing keeps it gone for more than 15 minutes....
  7. Chromium installed itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chromium installed itself: When i tried to install adobe pro, chromium installed automatically and now i m not able to uninstall it. when i uninstall it says close all yahoo browser first. i didnt opened and installed it either...
  8. My Computer keeps installing Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Computer keeps installing Chromium.: Every time I uninstall it, a few hours later, the installation process starts again. Please help submitted by /u/Whoevien20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs55h5/my_computer_keeps_installing_chromium/
  9. chromium refuses to stop trying to install itself

chromium refuses to stop trying to install itself: ever since about 2 weeks ago I would get a command prompt at least once a day saying something about chromium getting denied access followed by a pop up about an available update I hit ok the first time and chromium along with internet explorer popped up on my desktop I've...
  10. how do I delete chromium?

how do I delete chromium?: when i try to delete it, all that happens is it says, "this action can't be completed because the file is open in chromium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-chromium/621a4b40-7dfe-4ae6-873f-ac478f5beed3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chromium keeps installing

2. how does chromium keep installing

3. google chromium keeps installing itself

4. chromium installing internet explorer,
  5. chromium keeps coming back,
  6. chromium installed automatically,
  7. chromium app keeps installing by itself how can i stop,
  8. how does chromium automatically install itself,
  9. chromium keeps installing itself,
  10. chromium installs itself,
  11. chromium keeps installing and prevents from opening chrome,