Windows 10: Chromium problems with Volume Mixer

Discus and support Chromium problems with Volume Mixer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Build 21H1 19043.1052 I've noticed a problem that's only started happening recently. I usually set my installed Browsers to 50% of the Master Volume in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dirk Gently, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Chromium problems with Volume Mixer

Build 21H1 19043.1052 I've noticed a problem that's only started happening recently. I usually set my installed Browsers to 50% of the Master Volume in the WIndows Volume Mixer. This has been fine for years but now both Browsers have begun resetting themselves back to 100%. This does not happen in Firefox. I've seen from another user that the same happens with Mic input as well as sound output. Could someone confirm that they see the same behaviour? Open Chrome or Edgium and play Youtube/Other Media. Go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Adjust system volume Adjust Browser to custom setting less than 100%. Close Volume mixer and Browser. Repeat first two steps. Did the volume setting return to 100%? With Firefox being unaffected i'm assuming this is a Chromium not Windows issues. That would be a shame as it would mean there's little that can be done here to fix it. It would be good to know if everyone is seeing the same behaviour though. Thanks.

:)

Dirk Gently, Jun 13, 2021

2. volume mixer in taskbar in WIndows 10

Hi Caroline,

The requirement of pinning Volume mixer to the taskbar is currently not available in Windows 10. However, you can view Volume mixer from the volume control icon located in the system tray.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you not able to see volume icon or the volume mixer on the computer?

• If volume icon, have you enabled the option to show in the system tray?

If you want to view Volume mixer on the PC and have enabled volume icon on the system tray, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Right click on the volume icon and select
      Open Volume Mixer
      from the context menu.

• Check if the window is accessible on the computer.

Note: The option to pin Volume mixer to the taskbar is not currently available on the computer.

Write to us with the status of pinning Volume mixer on taskbar in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Volume Mixer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Are you getting an error message when using volume mixer with mic?

2. Have you made any changes to your computer?

You may also follow the steps below:

• Can you right click on Speaker Icon - Playback Properties -
    • Click in blank area in box -
    • Check show disabled devices & show disconnected devices - look around in there.

We suggest that you disable the Icon try to reboot your PC and then enable the icon. You may also need to reinstall your sounds driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Tendows Win User

Chromium problems with Volume Mixer

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Chromium problems with Volume Mixer

1. Chromium problems with Volume Mixer - Similar Threads - Chromium problems Volume

2. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  3. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  4. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume Mixer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  6. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Why does "Host Process for Windows Services" randomly show up in my volume mixer and when I go to try and find it in the Task Manager it does not show up, do I have malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-mixer/0d2a473e-1770-4633-9b09-5703b09f05fd
  7. Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. volume mixer issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    volume mixer issues: ever since about a week or two ago, my windows volume mixer has been adjusting by itself, each program turning itself up and down annoyingly. This has never happend until now, and is there anyway i can stop this? If you do not know what menu I'm talking about I've attached a...
  9. Windows 10 volume mixer problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 volume mixer problem: Hi there I have a weird issue with windows 10's volume mixer. We all know that the volume mixer is for adjusting the sound volume of each program individually. However my problem lies in that when ever I try to increase the volume of a game I have (which has a very low sound...
  10. Volume Mixer Special Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer Special Problem: Alright for some reason I can tune my pc's audio just fine by adjusting the global operating system output sound. However, when I go into volume mixer I don't see any green bars for sounds from any program (including on the global sound column) and any attempt to adjust sound...