Windows 10: Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings

Discus and support Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've managed to pick out this driver as problematic. Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801b4e7feb3, ffffd001b3aff988,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimHJ, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings

I've managed to pick out this driver as problematic.
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801b4e7feb3, ffffd001b3aff988, ffffd001b3aff1a0} Probably caused by : stwrt64.sys ( stwrt64+5feb3 ) Followup: MachineOwner 5: kd> lmvm stwrt64 start end module name fffff801`b4e20000 fffff801`b4e9b000 stwrt64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: stwrt64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\stwrt64.sys Image name: stwrt64.sys Timestamp: Mon Jun 29 18:52:05 2009 (4A48FF45) CheckSum: 00078643 ImageSize: 0007B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    It appears to be from SigmaTel HD Audio Codec? I can't find what program it belongs to at the moment, I'm just heading out to work, but you cans ee it's old and needs updating or the software it belongs to uninstalling.

Boozad, Sep 8, 2015
  2. TimHJ Win User

Thanks, Boozad. That appears to be the driver for "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC" and when I ask Device Manager to update it, I am told that it is the correct driver. A quick Google search suggests that other users have had problems with it, too....but in those cases, the users have lost sound. I have not.

Forgive my complete ignorance, but device manager shows that I also have "AMD High Definition Audio Device" among the sound controllers. I really haven't the faintest idea whether or not I need both of these! Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings :)

TimHJ, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Boozad Win User
    The AMD HD Audio will be from your GPU, do you use the sound from your GPU? Can you also fill in your system specs as linked below so I can see exactly what hardware wee're working with please.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

EDIT: I see you have a DELL and I've managed to track that driver down to the DELL website. Visit the support page for your laptop and download and install the latest Audio driver offered.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings

1. Chronic BSOD issues with multiple bug check strings - Similar Threads - Chronic BSOD issues

2. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD with varying bug check strings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD with varying bug check strings: Hello everyone,I have been fighting for a while with seemingly random blue screens on my PC. The blue screen text usually indicates the crash to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but the timing and the Bug Check String varies. Among the Strings I encounter...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD with varying bug check strings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD with varying bug check strings: Hello everyone,I have been fighting for a while with seemingly random blue screens on my PC. The blue screen text usually indicates the crash to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but the timing and the Bug Check String varies. Among the Strings I encounter...
  4. Multiple BSoD involving ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 with different Bug Check Strings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSoD involving ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 with different Bug Check Strings: Hi, I hava been experiencing some BSoD related to ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 according to BlueScreenView. I have replaced the SSD and RAM from my computer but it doesn´t seem to work. If somebody could help me I will really appreciate it.Dump...
  5. Multiple BSoD involving ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 with different Bug Check Strings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSoD involving ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 with different Bug Check Strings: Hi, I hava been experiencing some BSoD related to ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 according to BlueScreenView. I have replaced the SSD and RAM from my computer but it doesn´t seem to work. If somebody could help me I will really appreciate it.Dump...
  6. Multiple BSoD involving ntoskrnl.exe+3f88b0 with different Bug Check Strings

7. Ntoskrnl.exe bsod with various bug check strings

Ntoskrnl.exe bsod with various bug check strings: Hello, I've been experiencing BSODs and noticed on BlueScreenView that the issues I have mostly come from ntoskrnl.exeI've tried SFC it had a problem but was already fixed according to CMD and Memory Diagnostic which showed no errors in Event Viewer. I seriously do not know...
  8. Ntoskrnl.exe bsod with various bug check strings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ntoskrnl.exe bsod with various bug check strings: Hello, I've been experiencing BSODs and noticed on BlueScreenView that the issues I have mostly come from ntoskrnl.exeI've tried SFC it had a problem but was already fixed according to CMD and Memory Diagnostic which showed no errors in Event Viewer. I seriously do not know...
  9. Ntoskrnl.exe bsod with various bug check strings

10. Multiple recurrent BSOD'd caused by ntoskrnl.exe, multiple bug check strings

Multiple recurrent BSOD'd caused by ntoskrnl.exe, multiple bug check strings: My PC running Windows 10 Education N has been having multiple recurrent BSOD crashes - both during use and while it has been idle. This can happen anywhere between every 5 minutes to every 3 days. The .dmp files have multiple bug check strings which can vary each time,...