Windows 10: CI.dll problem, maybe boot sector problem

Discus and support CI.dll problem, maybe boot sector problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can one of you folks take a look at this thread: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a especially during shutdown It has a problem with CI.dll which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ztruker, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

CI.dll problem, maybe boot sector problem

Can one of you folks take a look at this thread:

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a especially during shutdown

It has a problem with CI.dll which is often caused by a boot sector virus. TDSSKiller from Kaspersky can fix it if that is the cause but I'm leery of recommencing it as I am not a virus removal expert. Also the OP does not have a Boot critical file corrupt problem (yet).

Sample of one thread I found (Win 7):

The problem is a virus in the HDD Master Boot Record. My yet-excellent antivirus NOD32 was unable to cure the problem when the incident happened. It just reported it, but did not clean it.

The solution, in my case, was a virus remover found at Kapersky's. See :
    http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses...?qid=208280684

:)

Ztruker, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Edgars Win User

Problem at boot up

Okey, ill try to remove my oc, but its really hard to tell if it will fix the problem, because as i said it happens randomly, not on every boot up. If its my oc, what might be the problem? My pc is also new, its almost 2 months old.

Edgars, Dec 31, 2018
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Dec 31, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. CI.dll problem, maybe boot sector problem - Similar Threads - dll problem maybe

2. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  3. problem with the OS maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with the OS maybe?: I have a problem with launching some programs, many people I know have the same version of Windows etc as me and everything works fine for them. I talked to support and tried to see with an update, if it was the fault of a corrupt OS version but nothing. Some programs don't...
  4. Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.

Problem maybe with Windows Explorer.: I have several problems with my Laptop. They are - The 'Search Box' in 'Computer' doesn't work. When I type in a Search and press Enter, nothing happens...The 'Search Box' for other Folders works fine.When I right-click on any Folder and click 'Restore previous versions', I...
  5. Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems: On our home network, we have a multiple computers and devices. However, I'm only interested in getting 3 of them working together. I think my credentials are broken. I had been able to copy between computers but now can not.If you need to know ... I had an old computer which...
  6. Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems

Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems: On our home network, we have a multiple computers and devices. However, I'm only interested in getting 3 of them working together. I think my credentials are broken. I had been able to copy between computers but now can not.If you need to know ... I had an old computer which...
  7. Network problems, maybe credentials and/or permissions problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Problems with boot sector

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with boot sector: Recently I bought and SSD to upgrade from my HDD. I had window installed on the HDD and when I went to install windows on the SSD, I didn't unplug the HDD so windows assigned the boot sector for the SSD to the HDD. Now I want to delete the windows installation from my SSD,...
  9. Boot sector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot sector: In someone reason boot is maked on disk 1, not in disc 0????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-sector/c24b6009-9c7b-4b82-957d-e41eb5ecbc2b
  10. Problem with a DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with a DLL: I did it "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system" and after a day it is came back (the problem) and now i am to do it again and it wont work help!...