Windows 10: CIM files

Discus and support CIM files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Used WMI to identify problem on Windows 10. It is indicated that there is a problem with CIM files. Can the relevant program be reinstalled to repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kateorm, Jun 12, 2019.

1. kateorm Win User

CIM files

Used WMI to identify problem on Windows 10. It is indicated that there is a problem with CIM files. Can the relevant program be reinstalled to repair the issue? If so what program is it?

:)

kateorm, Jun 12, 2019

2. using 2 cim cards in Lumina 950

I put second CIM card into my Lumina 950 but it insists to use the first one when dialing out. Is there a way to set the phone to use the first card.

WojtekKozaczynski, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 12, 2019
  4. CIM files

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

CIM files

1. CIM files - Similar Threads - CIM files

2. Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/greentractor202 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l68bw4/anyone_know_what_the_genuine_or_program_apps_are/
  3. Windows 10 .udk files keep opening into internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 .udk files keep opening into internet explorer: I want to reset this back to the default but every time I got to change it just says to pick a new way to open it. I don't want to open it I want it to be a file. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP...
  4. I cant access the File Manager on Windows 10 when I sign into my MS account.

I cant access the File Manager on Windows 10 when I sign into my MS account.: This started happening a week ago. When I ever opened it, it was making my desktop and taskbar go white. One time when I tried to open it it gave me a popup saying "The remote procedure call failed and did not execute." I tried it on a fresh Windows 10 PC and it worked, but...
  5. Can't set Edge to be a default .URL file type opener. Please help

Can't set Edge to be a default .URL file type opener. Please help: [ATTACH] I am suddenly not able to open .URL files with Edge. Does anyone know the reason why? I can't find the option to select Edge here nor in the settings. The one on the left was one I made a few days ago and it works fine, but the one on the right doesn't work....
  6. Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app: WIN10 Home, Ver. 20H2 , Build 19042.746 , but problem persists since various versions When I delete files or shortcuts from the desktop, they're gone as they should be. But as soon as I run a program in fullscreen e.g. games, the deleted files re-appear as "ghosts", meaning...
  7. 19042.782 update removes "Open file location" link so can't change pinned icon

19042.782 update removes "Open file location" link so can't change pinned icon: Hi. The latest Insider Update makes a number of really unwelcome changes. Pinned apps are no longer in the Start Menu > Programs folder, and there's no right-click Open Folder Location link to it in Start. So it's no longer possible to change whatever icon Edge decides to...
  8. Windows 10 - File explorer not search part of a filename

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - File explorer not search part of a filename: I expect that if I type an expression into the search bar in File Explorer, which primarily displays file names, it will be searched in the names of files with the CONTAINS method and not just StartsWith method. I have read this, but the problem has not been resolved:...
  9. how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created: Win 10 Pro Winver: 20H2 19042.746 I was searching through my temp folder and noticed windows performance analyser trace files eg C6343454-8859-4525-8795-51BDF661A408.Diagnose.0.etl I want to stop these files from being created. Would running the network diagnostic tool...
  10. Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder

Unable to view any file names or descriptions on opening folder: Hi, I am unable to view any file names or any description or any menu items on opening a folder. This is across all apps. Screenshots below. Need help to resolve this ASAP. Thanks and Regards Sandip [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...