Windows 10: CIM files

Discus and support CIM files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Used WMI to identify problem on Windows 10. It is indicated that there is a problem with CIM files. Can the relevant program be reinstalled to repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kateorm, Jun 12, 2019.

1. kateorm Win User

CIM files

Used WMI to identify problem on Windows 10. It is indicated that there is a problem with CIM files. Can the relevant program be reinstalled to repair the issue? If so what program is it?

:)

kateorm, Jun 12, 2019

2. using 2 cim cards in Lumina 950

I put second CIM card into my Lumina 950 but it insists to use the first one when dialing out. Is there a way to set the phone to use the first card.

WojtekKozaczynski, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 12, 2019
  4. CIM files

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

CIM files

1. CIM files - Similar Threads - CIM files

2. File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?: Now my files are listed with headings like used today, used last week, etc. I circled the offending parts in read. I just want the plain old alphabetical listing back. I did try googling the answer, but nothing made sense. Here is a picture of what I mean - don't have a...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD - Dump files and msinfo included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD - Dump files and msinfo included: I have been recently experiencing Windows 10 crashes, which have been caused by hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe and PSHED.dll according to BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed. As these don't give that much info afterall and I don't have the neccesary sdk's to analyze the dump files myself...
  4. CR3 files showing as Internet Explorer - Why and how can I fix?

CR3 files showing as Internet Explorer - Why and how can I fix?: [ATTACH] I dont know what I did but I can no longer convert my CR3 files because they show up as internet explorer. How can I fix this? Thank you....
  5. docm files

docm files: Some how all my files have been converted to docm files, I dont know how this happened, Is there a way to convert them all back to their original file formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docm-files/3b07402e-a123-495d-ad21-f843299144aa"
  6. All new files on drive C have gold lock icon

in Windows 10 Support
    All new files on drive C have gold lock icon: I've been running this new Windows 10 PC for over a month, but somehow in the last day or two I've noticed that every new file I create on drive C has a gold lock icon on it. It doesn't seem to affect what I can do with the file(s), but is a bit annoying. I don't know how...
  7. Windows 10 - a simple way to show when a forwarded file was created, edited?

Windows 10 - a simple way to show when a forwarded file was created, edited?: Word files indicate when they were created and last edited, and by whom. How do I see the properties of an attached docx file rather than the current date?...
  8. WMI Repo Files Missing (Ran WMIDiag)

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMI Repo Files Missing (Ran WMIDiag): Good Afternoon, I have an issue where my WMI is showing as invalid due to invalid namespace. I ran WMIDiag and tried about every solution I could find with no avail. I don't have much history with this so I'm not 100% what I should even be looking for other than I can see...
  9. Windows 10 :Can not access Files on My Computer - Access Denied

Windows 10 :Can not access Files on My Computer - Access Denied: Any programs cannot access my folders pictures, trying to scan documents. This problem seems to be constant on WIN10., and all threads are closed and no fixes are offered. One step closer to UBUNTU! I am the owner. I am the only user. I am the ADMIN....
  10. Any way to sort files with dates in the name?

Any way to sort files with dates in the name?: I have a folder of Georges Braque's works, all of them JPG images with their titles formatted "Title-Year of creation-Painting medium". I want to sort these paintings by their year, but the year is in the middle of the title, not the front. The dates are all four digit years...