Windows 10: Cipher isn't working

Discus and support Cipher isn't working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've used cipher.exe to delete unallocated space, and did everything said on many articles and websites, but after running through a recovery software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vitamin-tristopher, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Cipher isn't working

I've used cipher.exe to delete unallocated space, and did everything said on many articles and websites, but after running through a recovery software, all the data still can be recovered, any reason?

The command i used was cipher /wc:\

submitted by /u/vitamin-tristopher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vitamin-tristopher, Mar 22, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Cipher isn't working

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Cipher isn't working

1. Cipher isn't working - Similar Threads - Cipher isn't working

2. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  3. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  4. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cipher command on cmd not working

Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  6. Windows 10 Cipher Command

Windows 10 Cipher Command: Is running cipher /w:C: completely safe and wipes deleted files? Is there a risk on running this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cipher-command/5e447e0e-3104-42f3-b969-5d05278d49ee
  7. Encrypt a folder with Cipher

Encrypt a folder with Cipher: I recently heard about this command in the Cmd called "cipher" where it can encrypt a folder, so I decided to give it a try. This is what the file looks like: [ATTACH] So I try to encrypt Derek's things(a folder) with the command in the command prompt: (my drive is C:)...
  8. PC shutdown while cipher

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shutdown while cipher: Hello, I was performing a cipher on my C drive just to clean up old junk. I left my PC running for several hours and kind of forgot about it. When I remembered, I noticed my PC had shut down. So I restarted it and noticed it hadn't finished ciphering because my C drive was...
  9. Cipher /e

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cipher /e: I've been trying to encrypt a folder on my desktop but every time I use cipher /e [filename] I get ERR, request not supported. Test is the name of the folder on my desktop which I want to encrypt. *****************************************************...
  10. Cipher suite mismatch error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cipher suite mismatch error: I have WCF service and a client accessing that service hosted on the same production machine(Windosw Server 2016 build) ) for testing purposes, but when the client pings the server, the call ends with an error: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS with authority...