Windows 10: cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

Discus and support cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can run the command line cipher /w:c:\ just fine. Then when I run the Recuva program, hundreds of files are displayed, most of whom can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TedWalker4, Feb 28, 2021.

1. cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

I can run the command line cipher /w:c:\ just fine. Then when I run the Recuva program, hundreds of files are displayed, most of whom can be recovered, not what I expect to see. Any suggestions anyone?

:)

TedWalker4, Feb 28, 2021
  2. RCoon Win User

recovering data possible dead hard drive

@SuperSoph_WD can help. Although I can suggest Recuva, or use a Live Boot CD (such as Parted Magic), which will feature a command line tool called PhotoRec. I've used both, and PhotoRec on a Live CD seems to work best and be able to recover more files than recuva, although it does not recover folder structures and some file names.

RCoon, Feb 28, 2021
  3. sixor Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

recuva is free

recover my files is not

sixor, Feb 28, 2021
  4. AngelMesa Win User

cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

Encrypt a folder with Cipher

Hi Comdervids,

I’m Independent Advisor willing to help you. I would suggest to enclose the folder's name in quotations and use backslashes instead of forward-slashes like this:

cipher /E C:\Desktop\Derek's things

Or cipher /E C:\Desktop\"Derek's things"

Or cipher /E "C:\Desktop\Derek's things"

Best Regards,

Angel.

AngelMesa, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

1. cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover. - Similar Threads - cipher runs Recuva

2. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  3. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  4. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?

in Browsers and Email
    Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?: I made a previous thread but it got real messy and confusing, I don't think a lot of people would bother reading it at this point. In simple, with my windows 8.1 computer was fine but wasn't getting internet even though other PCs on router were. I tried some basic network...
  6. Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?: I made a previous thread but it got real messy and confusing, I don't think a lot of people would bother reading it at this point. In simple, with my windows 8.1 computer was fine but wasn't getting internet even though other PCs on router were. I tried some basic network...
  7. Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.: Hello all, I used Piriform Recuva, and it reported that it has “successfully” recovered files. When I try to open the .docx files in Microsoft Word, work reports that they are corrupted. PDFs and Excel docs are also corrupted. Any help is appreciated!...
  8. (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    (Lots of) files are "not erased" (recuva) but missing in explorer: Hello, I just plugged my passport external drive as usual to grab a file and got shocked like never when i realised few folders (containing a lot of files) were missing. I immediatly used "Treesize" to see where these were and to my surprise, they do not appear anywhere,...
  9. Cipher /e

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cipher /e: I've been trying to encrypt a folder on my desktop but every time I use cipher /e [filename] I get ERR, request not supported. Test is the name of the folder on my desktop which I want to encrypt. *****************************************************...
  10. Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering deleted files from Samsung J7 Max with recuva: My Samsung J7 Max is showing as a device in My computer and not as a drive and thus not seen in Recuva for scan. How to show my mobile as a drive so that Recuva could recognize this or is there any other method by which I could recover my deleted Videos or GIF. 95620