Windows 10: Circle near the Pointer

Discus and support Circle near the Pointer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum, Recently I have noticed, each time I click once (not double-click to open it) on any file, starts for a moment or two, a revolving circle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Circle near the Pointer

Hello Forum,
    Recently I have noticed, each time I click once (not double-click to open it) on any file, starts for a moment or two, a revolving circle (like a clock), same when I point (select) several files to move them elswere, is it normal or something wrong starts.
    Virus checked twice a day, defrag weekly.
    Appreciate your answers
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 13, 2016

2. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

I keep getting blue circle near the pointer on dell windows 10. I changed my pointer setting to default and normal select. I’v tried everything. Can you help me with this issue. It’s annoying to have this issue.

Thanks Ron

RonaldRodrigues1, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Shrinking Win User
    Shrinking mouse pointer

Hi.

Sometimes my mouse pointer shrinks and next to him appears blue circle, the circle that informs that system is processing something. After a second or two circle dissapears and pointer goes back to normal. Sometimes only circle appears (pointer does not
    shrink). Can you tell me what can be the casuse of that?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

Shrinking, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Motim Win User

Circle near the Pointer

Hello,
    Cannot understand, there were times I got answers in reasonable time, now I am waiting for an answer, worried, is something wrong with the system ?
    Answers will be appreciatsd
    Thanks

Motim, Jul 18, 2016
  5. derek10 Win User
    You mean

Circle near the Pointer [​IMG]

or

Circle near the Pointer [​IMG]

The first one would be more reasonable means it's working.
    Does this happens on any file type
    Some file types have metadata, previews and Windows loads them when you click on the icon depending on the view setting of explorer

derek10, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello derek10
    Thanks for the answer. Sometimes the circle appears like the first one on your sample, and sometimes like the second one.
    From the answer , I believe, there is nothing wrong with the system ?
    Thanks

Motim, Jul 19, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    The circle means the computer is thinking.
    Do a Check Disk of your HDD. Go to Start/Search and type CMD. right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. Check Disk will start at next bootup and it will go through 5 stages and take a long while. This will check for Bad Sectors on your HDD which may be slowing down your system.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Circle near the Pointer

1. Circle near the Pointer - Similar Threads - Circle near Pointer

2. Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable mouse pointer loading animation spinning circle: Good day,I am having trouble for many months now because there is no option to turn off the loading animation. It has been distracting and affecting work performance for years. Any help? Thanks....
  3. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  4. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  5. Flashing circle above mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing circle above mouse pointer: I downloaded the latest version of windows 10 3 days ago and my mouse icon has a flashing circle above it all the time the laptop also seems to be much noisier than it was before the download. Windows support tried to help they reloaded windows which hasnt made any...
  6. Is there a program that will put a red circle at my mouse pointer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a program that will put a red circle at my mouse pointer ?: I know in the control panel I can activate the mouse option "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL..." But I want a big red arrow to appear, or red circle to appear at my mouse location. Is there a 3rd party app/program that will do that for me? (I am doing on-screen...
  7. 1903 with spinning blue circle for pointer, won’t boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 with spinning blue circle for pointer, won’t boot: Two days after upgrading to 1903 I installed new audio driver to fix audio problem. Now when i boot I just get the circle of white dots and a blue circle for a pointer. Startup repair did not fix it. There are no restore points yet. Help!...
  8. mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle: In Windows 10 1809. I fixed the mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle, but it's back !!! Checked the community and found no information to fix it......
  9. Lost mouse pointer & faint circles at the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost mouse pointer & faint circles at the bottom of the screen: Hi, My Surface Book running up to date Win10 has developed the subject problem. It starts after some period from 5 minutes to about 1 hour. Both the mouse and the touchscreen stop working. Shutting down using the power button and restarting solves it for a while. Any clues...
  10. constant circle around mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    constant circle around mouse pointer: I've tried different mice, changing the mouse settings, uninstalling & reinstalling graphics & tried different settings to no avail. Even when the pointer disappears while watching video, the circle remains. Annoying. (if you've got a solution...I'll email you with a beer as...