"Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

Discus and support "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file. Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Jun 12, 2018.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Hi.
    Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file.
    Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188[/quote] I have done Inplace Upgrade and also fresh install and sfc /scannow.
    Nothing solved this issue. It keeps reappearing.
    In Performance Monitor > Startup Event Trace Sessions> I couldn't find what is controlling the BookCKCL.ETL file, therefore, I couldn't set a file size limit and make sure it's circular.
    When I delete this file, it gets created after every reboot and then gets to 100MB in size and then Event Viewer will complain about Event 3.

Note: Some may recommend changing something with ReadyBoot.
    ReadyBoot is disabled. I'm using SSD and with all Win10 installations, I've yet to see ReadyBoot enabled at all.

Either way, ReadyBoot doesn't seem to control the BootCKCL.etl file. It controls ReadyBoot.etl file, so I fail to see how increasing the file size limit will work in this case.

Also, this doesn't seem to really be a solution, since this is CIRCULAR logging, meaning once the file limit has been reached, the re-write/re-create the file from the beginning.

It seems that the root cause of this issue is something else. So file size limit won't work here and is not the real solution. The question is "Why doesn't it circulate the log?" even if it was 2MB, it should circulate.

Moreover, ReadyBoot, which is DISABLED by default, is set to 40MB and the log mode is Circular, yet as I have stated previously, my BootCKCL.etl file is reaching 100MB, which clearly means that something else controls the file size and NOT ReadyBoot.

I wonder if someone else experiences this issue and if anyone has an idea if this is solvable or not and what could control the file size.

Is this a known bug of Windows 10 latest update?
    What is controlling this file and it's size?

:)

2. CarlosDe Bernard Win User

Circular Kernel Context Logger

The Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 I back from the death. I just turn on my computer and is heavy

I want to try to get these fix since more and more windows errors are starting to appear.

these is one

The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

And com. is annoying.

I try all. IF someone from MS can see these and help me to make these go away I can arrange something. so we can work these out.

CarlosDe Bernard, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Navneet Anand Win User
    error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error - Similar Threads - Circular Kernel Context

2. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Support
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  3. SCRIPT errors after Java update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SCRIPT errors after Java update: I recently did a Java update, now I'm getting SCRIPT errors, CSP errors HTTP errors. I'm running Windows 10, most recent, all updated. I need HELP!!! I dont have a clue how to fix this....
  4. Error: 0x800f0922 Windows 10 for Cummulative Update to August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: 0x800f0922 Windows 10 for Cummulative Update to August 14, 2018—KB4343909 (OS Build...: HELP ME!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x800f0922-windows-10-for-cummulative-update/486459e3-6c33-40a4-ba16-b8bf66e0055b
  5. Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Error 10 Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver Error 10 Windows update: I just bought this Desktop in July 2018 and everything works perfectly till 8/14/18 I did a Windows update, next day when I using my PC I start to realized my Bluetooth is not on, I try to turn it on but the button was missing and then I look more into it and figure out my...
  6. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...
  7. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  8. Stop these screens from appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  9. Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did update, then MWB would not connect as before. I restored using Restore Point, and problem was fixed. After next Update, returned and have not been able to get it to work since (lost Restore Point due to memory not being set high enough.) Have tried deleteing...
  10. KB4343909 Update Fails Error 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4343909 Update Fails Error 0x800f0922: The KB4343909 Update fails per the Error 0x800f0922 each time it goes through the update process gets to 96% then reboots and the following Windows Message comes up: We cannot complete the update undoing changes Don't Turn off your Computer My Windows Pro Version is 1803 OS...