Windows 10: "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

Discus and support "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file. Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Jun 12, 2018.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

"Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

Hi.
    Ever since the last Windows 10 major update, I get this error. It refers to the BootCKCL.etl file.
    Code: Event 3, Kernel Event-Tracing - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188[/quote] I have done Inplace Upgrade and also fresh install and sfc /scannow.
    Nothing solved this issue. It keeps reappearing.
    In Performance Monitor > Startup Event Trace Sessions> I couldn't find what is controlling the BookCKCL.ETL file, therefore, I couldn't set a file size limit and make sure it's circular.
    When I delete this file, it gets created after every reboot and then gets to 100MB in size and then Event Viewer will complain about Event 3.

Note: Some may recommend changing something with ReadyBoot.
    ReadyBoot is disabled. I'm using SSD and with all Win10 installations, I've yet to see ReadyBoot enabled at all.

Either way, ReadyBoot doesn't seem to control the BootCKCL.etl file. It controls ReadyBoot.etl file, so I fail to see how increasing the file size limit will work in this case.

Also, this doesn't seem to really be a solution, since this is CIRCULAR logging, meaning once the file limit has been reached, the re-write/re-create the file from the beginning.

It seems that the root cause of this issue is something else. So file size limit won't work here and is not the real solution. The question is "Why doesn't it circulate the log?" even if it was 2MB, it should circulate.

Moreover, ReadyBoot, which is DISABLED by default, is set to 40MB and the log mode is Circular, yet as I have stated previously, my BootCKCL.etl file is reaching 100MB, which clearly means that something else controls the file size and NOT ReadyBoot.

I wonder if someone else experiences this issue and if anyone has an idea if this is solvable or not and what could control the file size.

Is this a known bug of Windows 10 latest update?
    What is controlling this file and it's size?

:)

2. Circular Kernel Context Logger

The Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 I back from the death. I just turn on my computer and is heavy

I want to try to get these fix since more and more windows errors are starting to appear.

these is one

The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has been reached. As a result, events might be lost (not logged) to file "C:\Windows\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl". The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

And com. is annoying.

I try all. IF someone from MS can see these and help me to make these go away I can arrange something. so we can work these out.

CarlosDe Bernard, Jun 12, 2018
  3. error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

"Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error

1. "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error - Similar Threads - Circular Kernel Context

2. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: After a fresh Windows installation. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/session-nt-kernel-logger-failed-to-start-with-the/6aabb1c3-b5e7-4ae4-886c-accd2a175e52
  3. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: After a fresh Windows installation. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/session-nt-kernel-logger-failed-to-start-with-the/6aabb1c3-b5e7-4ae4-886c-accd2a175e52
  4. Session "NT Kernel Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: I am trying to debug a very slow login 1.5 minutes after typing in my PIN on Windows 10 x64 Pro after the May 2020 automatic Windows update. Previously, Windows would log in 10 or 15 seconds. But now, the spinner loop spins for 1.5+ minutes before showing me my wallpaper. And...
  6. Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName...: Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl ErrorCode 3221225864 LoggingMode 41943168 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/circular-kernel-context-logger-filename/836b50f6-a94c-4ab3-8ddf-7e83093963cf
  7. Maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" reached

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" reached: Hello, I have a new computer, loving it, games are running well, my audio programs are running well. I was just looking around in event viewer (silly I know) and I saw a warning and an error for this: "The maximum file size for session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" has...
  8. Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: This file, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl", is set by default to Max 20 MB and neither circular or append options are allowed. The file, for some reason, is extremely protected. Now in my case the file grows very fast and fills the event log pretty much,...
  9. Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188

Circular Kernel Context Logger error 0xc0000188: Since the update to vs. 1803 I have been getting the error Circular Kernel Context Logger maximum file size has been reached & has stopped due to error 0xc0000188....
  10. Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 3, Circular Kernel Context logger stopped: Hi all! Just a quicky. Today out of the blue I got this error (see screenshot below). It means that the Circular Kernel Context logger stopped. Looking up the info, 0xC0000188 means the log file reached it max size (probably). After rebooting, the error wasn't there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Session Circular Kernel Context Logger stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

2. circular kernel context logger windows 10

3. The maximum file size for session Circular Kernel Context Logger has been reached. As a result events might be lost (not logged) to file C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDI\LogFiles\ShutdownCKCL.etl. The maximum files size is currently set to 20971520 bytes.

4. session readyboot stopped due to the following error: 0xc0000188,
  5. Windows 10 Session Circular Kernel Context Logger failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035,
  6. session circular kernel context logger stopped due to the following error: 0xc0000188 BootCKCL.etl,
  7. circular kernel context logger win10,
  8. Circular Kernel Context Logger valaor de maxfilesize,
  9. circular kernel context logger filename c:\windows\system32\wdi\logfiles\shutdownckcl.etl errorcode 3221225864 loggingmode 41943168 maxfilesize 20971520,
  10. circular kernel context logger screen going black,
  11. win 10 Circular Kernel Context Logger failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035,
  12. circular kernel context logger 0xc0000188 win 10,
  13. 0xc0000188 windows 10,
  14. kernel context logger error 0xc0000188,
  15. bug 0xC0000188