Windows 10: Cisco Network Switch

Discus and support Cisco Network Switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, At the place I work our network switch is missing some ports. Is it possible to fit new ports or remove an existing port to another number? Where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kamalaggi, Aug 20, 2019.

1. kamalaggi Win User

Cisco Network Switch

Hi,

At the place I work our network switch is missing some ports. Is it possible to fit new ports or remove an existing port to another number?

Where can i buy new ports if im able to fit?

Thanks

:)

kamalaggi, Aug 20, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Problem with Network Policy Server(NPS) 2016 with Cisco switch

I have installed and configure the NPS role in 2016 server and also configure the cisco switch. As per the network policy only privilege users are able to access Cisco switch .But the problem is all the users can log in to domain
    through that Swtich As i know that only mention users can able to log in domain network. I have run the bellow cmd in switch. Is this current or need any other configuration needed to restrict unauthorized log in through this cisco switch (radius client)
    means i want only seleted users will able to log in Domain network through this cisco switch. I have also noticed that in NPS 2016, No system health validation option like 2012R2 server. Please help in this regard.

Also see the configuration in the attachment--

Cisco Network Switch [​IMG]

Cisco Network Switch [​IMG]

Switch cmd::

Switch(config)#aaa new-model

Switch(config)#radius-server host 10.123.10.10 key svuit@123

Switch(config)#ip radius source-interface vlan 1

Switch(config)#aaa authentication login default group radius local

Switch(config)#aaa authorization exec default group radius

Switch(config)#line vty 0 4

Switch(config-line)#login authentication default

AshrafulTuhin, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Cisco Network Switch

Copying over network causes internet lag?

What you are doing is choking out the router. The router is doing the business of a DHCP server, WAN, and LAN. when bandwidth is taken up into one area, then the other areas will suffer. A switch would rectify this.

If you interested in learning cisco CCNA then I would suggest a cisco managed switch for training and more control over your home network.

brandonwh64, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Cisco Network Switch

1. Cisco Network Switch - Similar Threads - Cisco Network Switch

2. Cisco Connection and 2 Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cisco Connection and 2 Networks: Hi. I have 2 Networks on my pc. both of them are VDSL. when i try to connect to "Any Connect Cisco" one the networks get blocked and only the first one works.what i want is to connect Cisco on network 1 while network 2 is still available to use. i can't use any other vpn...
  3. Cisco Connection and 2 Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cisco Connection and 2 Networks: Hi. I have 2 Networks on my pc. both of them are VDSL. when i try to connect to "Any Connect Cisco" one the networks get blocked and only the first one works.what i want is to connect Cisco on network 1 while network 2 is still available to use. i can't use any other vpn...
  4. Cisco Connection and 2 Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. network list service trouble with cisco vpn client

in Windows 10 Customization
    network list service trouble with cisco vpn client: i have a workstation with windows 10 v 2009. I installed the cisco vpn client on this workstations. When i try that connecting on my cisco Remote access VPN server my the cisco vpn client connection broked. I tested with disabled the network list service and the cisco vpn...
  6. network list service trouble with cisco vpn client

network list service trouble with cisco vpn client: i have a workstation with windows 10 v 2009. I installed the cisco vpn client on this workstations. When i try that connecting on my cisco Remote access VPN server my the cisco vpn client connection broked. I tested with disabled the network list service and the cisco vpn...
  7. Windows 10 and Cisco enterprise networks via travel router

Windows 10 and Cisco enterprise networks via travel router: I travel for a living and am constantly connected to public internet sources at airports, restaurants, and hotels. Rather than constantly connecting all of my devices to the various networks independently and putting each at security risk on those networks, several years back...
  8. Cisco AnyConnect

Cisco AnyConnect: Hi, I tried to install anyconnect-win-4.5.02033-core-vpn-predeploy-k9 but it does not work. It says that another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use...
  9. Utilizing Cisco 3550 as Layer 3 Switch

Utilizing Cisco 3550 as Layer 3 Switch: I recently acquired an older, enterprise-level, Cisco 3550 switch. Device has 24 ports and the general idea is to bypass a router (wireless or otherwise) and use this device to assign IP's on the local network. As a Layer 3 switch, I believe it does have routing capabilities?...
  10. Cisco unveils three DNA network security technologies

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco unveils three DNA network security technologies: Cisco has announced three new technologies for its Digital Network Architecture (DNA) solution to enable network engineers, application developers, channel partners, and IT customers to embed improved and simplified security within their network infrastructure layer: Umbrella...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch network cisco

2. cisco network switch