Windows 10: Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W

Discus and support Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! So i have 13 ap's connected to run the wifi at my workplace. not all our switches support POE, and we are in the progress of installing 5 new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Synixer, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Synixer Win User

Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W

Hello!
    So i have 13 ap's connected to run the wifi at my workplace.
    not all our switches support POE, and we are in the progress of installing 5 new ap's. our old ap's are of the model AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 and our new ones are of the model AIR-AP2802I-E-K9. Running the new ones on the switches that support POE is fine. but the others it does not work, i am using power injectors but still cant get "enough power". whenever i google this issue i just find posts saying to override in cisco settings but this does not work. the power injector i bought was suppose to be more than enough, but just to be safe i ordered the injector that was made for the specific AP (it was mentioned in the AP's manual). i just finished installing it but still i get "PoE/Medium Power (15.4 W)" and both radio's are down. making the AP literally useless at the moment.

Does anyone here have any experience / know what i can try? thus far ive tried changing all the settings i can think off in the cisco settings.

:)

Synixer, Jul 29, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 29, 2019
  3. nokia VPn cisco IOS routers

Hi all,,

I want to ask is the Nokia Vpn work with cisco ios routers as a gateway ( these router have working vpn for pc vpn client)

Or it just support on ASA ,, i want to tell that there is no more cisco conccentaror devices .

motasemkhater, Jul 29, 2019
  4. vesko_m Win User

nokia VPn cisco IOS routers

As of today :smileywink: here
    Nokia mobileVPN downloads
    it says that, if you want to connect mVPN to Cisco IOS routers you have to install certificates, but that is not necessary. I managed to have mVPN connect to ISR with local authentication on the router, only prerequisite is to
    have AAA enabled on the router. I tested it with 2801, 1811 and 831 cisco routers.

vesko_m, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W - Similar Threads - Cisco router Power

2. Router disconnecting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Router disconnecting issues: Hey all. I have a pretty frustrating issue and not sure how to even google something like this, so I thought I'd ask here.So I have a desktop computer that is Wi-Fi capable. It's also upstairs from the router, so there's no way to connect an ethernet cable or I would and be...
  3. Router disconnecting issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Router disconnecting issues: Hey all. I have a pretty frustrating issue and not sure how to even google something like this, so I thought I'd ask here.So I have a desktop computer that is Wi-Fi capable. It's also upstairs from the router, so there's no way to connect an ethernet cable or I would and be...
  4. Very strange router issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very strange router issues.: I have been having hair pulling issues with my ethernet cable. It constantly says unidentified network. It also comes up with the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I have tried everything to fix it. I originally thought it was the fact that my wireless...
  5. Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the Cisco REST API virtual service container for Cisco IOS XE Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass authentication on the managed Cisco IOS XE device. The vulnerability is due to an improper check performed by the area...
  6. Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the sysadmin virtual machine (VM) on Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers running Cisco IOS XR 64-bit Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to access internal applications running on the sysadmin VM. The...
  7. Hackers started attacks on Cisco RV110W, RV130W, and RV215W routers

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers started attacks on Cisco RV110W, RV130W, and RV215W routers: Two days after Cisco patched a severe vulnerability in a popular brand of SOHO routers, and one day after the publication of proof-of-concept code, hackers have started scans and attacks exploiting the said security bug to take over unpatched devices. The vulnerability,...
  8. Windows 10 and Cisco enterprise networks via travel router

Windows 10 and Cisco enterprise networks via travel router: I travel for a living and am constantly connected to public internet sources at airports, restaurants, and hotels. Rather than constantly connecting all of my devices to the various networks independently and putting each at security risk on those networks, several years back...
  9. I have forgotten the password to Cisco RV320 WIFI router and am unable to find it in device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have forgotten the password to Cisco RV320 WIFI router and am unable to find it in device...: How do I get to the router to reset it through Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-password-to-cisco-rv320-wifi/170657d5-a1e7-46b4-9282-062b25dff2ca
  10. Cisco AnyConnect

Cisco AnyConnect: Hi, I tried to install anyconnect-win-4.5.02033-core-vpn-predeploy-k9 but it does not work. It says that another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PoE/Medium Power (15.4 W)

2. medium power (15.4 W)