Windows 10: Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability

Discus and support Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Summary A vulnerability in the sysadmin virtual machine (VM) on Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers running Cisco IOS XR 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability

Source: https://tools.cisco.com/security/cen...0417-asr9k-exr

See also: Cisco warns over critical router flaw | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 18, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices

https://tools.cisco.com/security/cen...asaftd-sip-dos

Cisco zero-day exploited in the wild to crash and reload devices | ZDNet

Borg 386, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Hackers started attacks on Cisco RV110W, RV130W, and RV215W routers

Read more: Hackers have started attacks on Cisco RV110, RV130, and RV215 routers | ZDNet

See also: https://tools.cisco.com/security/cen...227-rmi-cmd-ex

Brink, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Cisco warns over critical ASR 9000 Series router vulnerability - Similar Threads - Cisco warns critical

2. Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered

in Windows 10 News
    Critically severe Windows vulnerability discovered: In May 2017, the WannaCry ransomware attack swept the globe, affecting computers that used Microsoft Windows. During the attack, users' files were locked and a ransom in Bitcoin was demanded in exchange for their release. It hit hundreds of thousands of computers globally and...
  3. Possible vulnerability to router

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible vulnerability to router: I'm noticing something weird on my network, a few days ao I could not change my Firefox password in a Firefox browser, and the router password I had set up was no longer valid. I tried yesterday to do a factory reset on my router, I changed the default router password and a...
  4. Critical errors & warnings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Critical errors & warnings: I have W10. I recently found out that windows defender does not have a firewall for the internet. My system is full of errors and warnings. How do I remove them? Do I need software that will give me a firewall for the internet? Can I get it through MS?...
  5. Cisco Aironet Access Points Unauthorized Access Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco Aironet Access Points Unauthorized Access Vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in Cisco Aironet Access Points (APs) Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to a targeted device with elevated privileges. The vulnerability is due to insufficient access control for certain URLs on an...
  6. Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Cisco IOS XE routers Software Authentication Bypass Vulnerability: Summary A vulnerability in the Cisco REST API virtual service container for Cisco IOS XE Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass authentication on the managed Cisco IOS XE device. The vulnerability is due to an improper check performed by the area...
  7. Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft warning to update Windows 10 immediately due to OS critical vulnerabilities: I am a fairly new user of Windows 10, so I would appreciate help with the following. I read the news today, Thursday 8/15/19, about Microsoft strongly advising Windows 10 users to do a system update immediately due to critical OS vulnerabilities. Therefore, as a good...
  8. Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cisco router Power issue Medium15.4W: Hello! So i have 13 ap's connected to run the wifi at my workplace. not all our switches support POE, and we are in the progress of installing 5 new ap's. our old ap's are of the model AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 and our new ones are of the model AIR-AP2802I-E-K9. Running the new ones...
  9. Hackers started attacks on Cisco RV110W, RV130W, and RV215W routers

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers started attacks on Cisco RV110W, RV130W, and RV215W routers: Two days after Cisco patched a severe vulnerability in a popular brand of SOHO routers, and one day after the publication of proof-of-concept code, hackers have started scans and attacks exploiting the said security bug to take over unpatched devices. The vulnerability,...
  10. Netgear R7000, R6400, and R8000 routers vulnerable

in Windows 10 News
    Netgear R7000, R6400, and R8000 routers vulnerable: NETGEAR is aware of the security issue #582384 that allows unauthenticated web pages to pass form input directly to the command-line interface. A remote attacker can potentially inject arbitrary commands which are then executed by the system. NETGEAR has tested the...