Windows 10: Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !!

Discus and support Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks I tried all the standard stuff to get access to NAS / Linux machines from W10 including re-enabling SMB1 and killing the auto removal of SMB1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !!

Hi folks
    I tried all the standard stuff to get access to NAS / Linux machines from W10 including re-enabling SMB1 and killing the auto removal of SMB1 -- nothing worked.

Then I had a brain storm -- get rid of CITRIX (I can run that as a VM for access to work remote desktop)

rebooted

Guess what -- access immediately to my 3 NAS type servers. Note for NAS to access windows also check the SERVER as well as CLIENT box - CLIENT allows W10 to access SAMBA on NAS, SERVER allows NAS to access windows shares.

Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !! [​IMG]

Windows Networking is a real pain but for the moment working now.

Don't know what CITRIX did but it's staying on a VM from now on !!!!

Update : the VM I've installed CITRIX on has the original network problem !! but NAS access isn't needed on that VM. The main problem is solved though.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 November Update - cannot see other network devices

The most persistent news I have on these issues is that my Linux Samba server still does not show in the Network Neighborhood on the Windows 10 machines.

My home network (Workgroup) consists of 2 desktops, 1 laptop and 1 Surface Pro 3 all on the latest Windows 10 1511 build. And 1 Linux machine that I upgraded this week to Fedora 23 and Samba 4.3.1.

The Linux machine also serves as the WINS server and a VPN server. Thus offering remote access to the Windows based shares.

After the upgrading of the Windows machines several weird and peculiar connectivity problems turned up. Machines not showing, not able to connect to shares, printers (wired to the Linux machine) not reachable. Long waits on restoring persistent shares mapping
    to drives.

I'd subsequently checked, reset and/or reconfigured all networking related settings like hostnames, workgroup name, protocol settings, etc.

End of the story is that everything is working as it should without any serious issues.

From the Linux machine I can access all the Windows based hosts and shares again. And all Windows 10 machines are shown to be part of the Windows Network.

Windows 10 machines now do show in each others Network Neighborhood. Persistent share to drive mappings work as a charm again. No gibberish output for nbtstat -r anymore. Also the Linux host, share and printers can be reached by name from all my machines
    again.

I did not disable any SMB version setting anywhere. I do even expect everything is communicating based on the latest SMB v3.11 level which is supported by the now installed Samba 4.3.1.

Perhaps here a huge benefit having a home made Linux based 'NAS' which gives maximum flexibility in upgrading and configuring. Could be much different from NAS devices with much older Samba releases embedded.

As said. The only persisting minor issue is the Linux Samba server not being visible in the Windows 10 Network Neighborhood.

HenkWittingen, Mar 17, 2018
  3. things not working after threshold november update!!!

ok guys thanks for all your help so far....but i was able to fix my animated wallpapers with a patch from 3planesoft.....but i,m still having problems with operating a simple workgroup network with this one uptated machine......i only did the update to one
    machine to test it and it still wont see all the computers on my network.....if i access them directly through explorer by typing \\diagnosticpc\ then i have access, but the network window will not show all the pc's on my network.....i cant see my linux nas
    server running cifs/smb protocal either but i still have access to it....all i gota do is \\nasserver\ and theres my files....but i open network window and nothing shows up....alll my other machines are running windows 10 pro 64 bit RTM and they work just
    fine and can see all the other machines on the network including the Linux nas server....but the one machine i did the nov update to will not see some or all of them depending on the day or the way i've accessed them......also if i remote desktop into my backuppc
    then it shows up in the network window but otherwise it doesnt!......i have 4 desktops and a laptop all running win10 64 bit RTM and one nas4free 16tb nas server. all on a high speed gigabit network. and i did the update on one of them. (GAMINGPC) there is
    nothing wrong with my network and all the drivers in all the machines are up to date as far as windows is concerned. this is really really annoying and i'm not gonna upgrade any more of my machines with the nov update untill this bug is resolved!

as always thank you,

Jason

jediknightjason, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !!

1. Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !! - Similar Threads - Citrix killed Network

2. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  3. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  4. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  5. XP (VM or real) access to VERY large TB NAS drives on Linux servers

XP (VM or real) access to VERY large TB NAS drives on Linux servers: Hi there If you need access for an XP system whether a Virtual Machine or a physical installation to access large NAS drives on Linux type NAS systems (e.g several TB size of modern HDD's) you will need to add these 2 lines in your SAMBA config (usually in...
  6. Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients: Hi folks there's a lot of confusion about how to set SAMBA up if you have any sort of Linux type system in the mix whether host , running as a NAS or in VM and Windows 10 mix. the best way is to do the following 1) Enable SMB1 on W10 -- while it might not be recommended...
  7. Wifi Network speed from Windows to NAS (Linux) server

Wifi Network speed from Windows to NAS (Linux) server: Hi folks If you connect / attach / share a NAS drive to your Windows machine you should be able to get decent file transfer speeds across wifi connections (assume you have 5GHZ wifi available). I'm regularly getting speeds of around 110 MB/s (440 Mb/s) on a WIFI LAN...
  8. How to get multiple accesses to a NAS server?

How to get multiple accesses to a NAS server?: I have need to get access to 2 shares on a NAS server using different credentials - one set of credentials for occasional access to a secured share; another for continuous access to a public share. I just found out that Windows does not allow this without some game-playing....
  9. NAS server not visible

NAS server not visible: We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop...
  10. NAS or Headless Linux box for multimedia server etc

NAS or Headless Linux box for multimedia server etc: Hi there I know loads of people here use NAS boxes one way or another. I'm torn between getting a standard NAS box or using a home build Linux headless server for similar --using Linux LVM makes creating Logical data spaces out of multiple physical HDD's a doddle. NAS...