Windows 10: Citrix Receiver Mounting USB Microphones Over Network

Discus and support Citrix Receiver Mounting USB Microphones Over Network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have to use Citrix Receiver to access my health system's electronic medical record (Epic). After the last software update a few weeks ago, the Citrix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ericnixmd, Mar 18, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Citrix Receiver Mounting USB Microphones Over Network

I have to use Citrix Receiver to access my health system's electronic medical record (Epic). After the last software update a few weeks ago, the Citrix Receiver is periodically mounting my Philips SpeechMike Premium Air SMP4000 microphone whenever the microphone goes to sleep. I can extend the time it takes before it goes to sleep to prevent it from mounting to Citrix, but in doing so, it significantly lessens the battery life.

Basically, when the microphone goes to sleep, Citrix Receiver will mount the microphone. The microphone will automatically go to sleep when it's laid down on a flat surface for a specified period of time. When I lift the microphone, usually it awakens and things will resume. However, when it is mounted to Citrix Receiver, Windows 10 will never mount the device back as a local device when the microphone is awakened.

Is anyone aware of a local setting that can prevent this? I found a setting in Citrix Receiver that allowed me to disable automatic mounting of microphones and USB devices, but no matter what setting I choose, it still mounts. I completely uninstalled Citrix Receiver (including running an uninstall utility that removed all traces of it), and then reinstalled it. Despite this, Citrix Receiver continues to mount the microphone.

When I asked Philips about it, I was advised that my health system would have to change the policy on the administrative side. Discussing this with them has fallen on deaf ears almost. First they thought it was a problem with Dragon (my dictation software), then thought it was Windows 10, etc. I'm getting the run around instead of them realizing they could implement a policy change to fix this. However, they may not be willing to do this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

:)

ericnixmd, Mar 18, 2018

2. Tired waiting for Citrix support on my HTC Titan

I beg to differ, as I am following this problem very closely. The task at hand falls between both Microsoft delivering the working network APIs, and Citrix to create the tools that allow communication over these APIs.

Once this has been completed, Microsoft has to publish the changes/os updates to the community devices (service pack 1 - for win phone 7.5).

All of this has to happen before you see Citrix receiver, or any other vpn application for your phone.

-Dan

Dan Regalia, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Riley Lynn Nairn, Mar 18, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.

Citrix is Horrible -- but I have to use it too to connect to a work W10 Virtual desktop.

Are you sure though that after Citrix creates / logs on to your VDI / remote desktop etc there isn't an app eg something like skype for business that isn't looking for devices such as video / microphones etc-- my Citrix desktop starts SKYPE for business and then Citrix prompts me to connect devices.

Another solution -- just unplug the microphone when you don't need it.

I had trouble also with the last Citrix software update --if your logon works with an earlier version - roll back to it --I think it's V4.9 or something like that.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 18, 2018
  5. ericnixmd Win User
    The only thing I'm connecting to via Citrix is my hospital's EMR. If the microphone goes to sleep, Citrix mounts it and when I awaken the microphone, it never transfers back to my laptop. As soon as I exit Citrix the microphone works.

ericnixmd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Citrix Receiver Mounting USB Microphones Over Network - Similar Threads - Citrix Receiver Mounting

2. Windows has stopped allowing Citrix Receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has stopped allowing Citrix Receiver: Hi. I'm trying to get remote access to my work stuff from my personal computer Windows 10. I've downloaded Citrix Receiver and can go into my works dashboard but it isn't connecting. As it's a personal computer, my work IT can't help me. They've told me it's an issue with...
  3. Windows has stopped allowing Citrix Receiver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has stopped allowing Citrix Receiver: Hi. I'm trying to get remote access to my work stuff from my personal computer Windows 10. I've downloaded Citrix Receiver and can go into my works dashboard but it isn't connecting. As it's a personal computer, my work IT can't help me. They've told me it's an issue with...
  4. Windows has stopped allowing Citrix Receiver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI: Hi there, I'm having issues with USB-MIDI connectivity. I have connected 2 USB-MIDI devices a Casio CDP-120 and an Arturia Minilab to my laptop, and no MIDI signals are being received. Both devices show up in Device Manager, but neither are recognised by Ableton Live nor a...
  6. uninstall citrix receiver app

uninstall citrix receiver app: cannot uninstall citrix app. start to uninstall then says could not connect to server ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-citrix-receiver-app/795d7fac-9faa-4b25-b831-4c50ebba8aea
  7. Camera Not working within Citrix Receiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Not working within Citrix Receiver: I have been trying for over a month to get my camera to work inside of my workstation that uses Citrix Receiver. When I am outside of that program, the camera works fine with Webex, Skype and Zoom. My company technology department has tried but cannot figure it out. I have...
  8. Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB: I use a Pi4, which I have recently switched over to get network and power over the usb-c port. All working well on my linux machine with a bridged connection to the usb-c port powering the pi. I haven’t been able to think of how to implement this in windows, as well as...
  9. Citrix Receiver

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Citrix Receiver: I just installed Citrix receiver and it does not work. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citrix-receiver/b5e00c14-37eb-455d-8747-0c979a68f42f"
  10. Latest update -- Citrix receiver Breaks.

Latest update -- Citrix receiver Breaks.: Hi there When I need to logon to several clients computers remotely I use the Citrix receiver software (Yes I know not the best solution for VPN's / VDI's but that's not my call). Latest (Windows -- not the Citrix package) update -- start the receiver program - but...