Windows 10: civilization 4

Discus and support civilization 4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020.

1. civilization 4

went to:

went control panel.

programs and features.

tried to delete civilization IV.

civilization IV is totally unresponsive.

tried playing the game. it would not open.

the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs and features.

they suggested I come here.

:)

PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Civilization 4 game.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that Civilization 4 is not compatible with Windows 10, so I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility
    mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility
    mode and check if that helps.

• Download the game/app from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Civilization 4 not working on Windows 10 Home and PRO

Hi,

To resolve Civilization 4 installation issues, we suggest that you directly contact
    the developer of the game.

Regards.

Jomari Arc, Jan 13, 2020
  4. civilization 4

Civilization 4 game.

I an unable to play Civilization 4 with Windows 10 it requires Administator but does not accept when run as such.

It also claims incompatability.

CAN YOU HELP

DENNISGSCOTT, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

civilization 4

1. civilization 4 - Similar Threads - civilization

2. Problem with Civilization 4 Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Civilization 4 Game: went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the game. it would not open. the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs...
  3. That State of Digital Civility in 2018

in Windows 10 News
    That State of Digital Civility in 2018: People around the world and in the U.S., Germany, France and Belgium, in particular, are experiencing increased levels of online civility, data from a new Microsoft research study show. The findings are being released in conjunction with international Safer Internet Day, Feb....
  4. Civilization 6 CPU Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civilization 6 CPU Priority: Why does Windows 10 constantly set Civilization 6 at below normal priority? This game NEEDS normal to above average priority on at least 2 cores to run properly. Every time I set it to above normal priority on 4 of my 8 cores it runs great for a minute or so then chugs to a...
  5. Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft: I just spent nearly 16 hours over 7 to 9 episodes first in October and now this Dec-Jan with Microsoft techs trying to resolve network issue that Windows 10 has. There needs to be sometime of penalty or retribution against Microsoft like the lemon law they have for...
  6. Event 10010 Causing Crashes Playing Civilization 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 10010 Causing Crashes Playing Civilization 5: I can fix most DCOM errors but this one has me perplexed. Any ideas guys and gals? The server Windows.Media.Capture.Internal.AppCaptureShell did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -...
  7. Civilization 2 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civilization 2 Stopped Working: Does anybody know how to get Civilization II Multiplayer Gold Edition to work? It used to work, but now it crashes when it opens a text input field. I uninstalled and reinstalled both it and the Indeo drivers (They work.), but the game won't play anymore. 102784
  8. Win32Kbase.sys when i play Civilization V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32Kbase.sys when i play Civilization V.: I get BSOD after about 20 minutes of playing this game. never used to happen when i was using windows 7. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Win32Kbase.sys) BSOD. Game runs fine otherwise shutting down the system. 37309
  9. Civilization V Access Violation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Civilization V Access Violation Error: I realize this is not the thread for gaming, but my post is more concerned with the type of error that is occurring with my game. I am trying to play Civilization V (latest expansion pack), and everything worked fine for about two months (all on Windows 10) until literally...
  10. BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Civilization 6 , CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hello Everyone, I have been getting the BSOD lately. It has been happening when playing Civilization 6. The latest one had the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Tim 104590