Windows 10: civilization 4

Discus and support civilization 4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020.

1. civilization 4

went to:

went control panel.

programs and features.

tried to delete civilization IV.

civilization IV is totally unresponsive.

tried playing the game. it would not open.

the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs and features.

they suggested I come here.

:)

PaulSpiers, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Civilization 4 game.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that Civilization 4 is not compatible with Windows 10, so I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Compatibility
    mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility
    mode and check if that helps.

• Download the game/app from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Civilization 4 not working on Windows 10 Home and PRO

Hi,

To resolve Civilization 4 installation issues, we suggest that you directly contact
    the developer of the game.

Regards.

Jomari Arc, Jan 13, 2020
  4. civilization 4

Civilization 4 game.

I an unable to play Civilization 4 with Windows 10 it requires Administator but does not accept when run as such.

It also claims incompatability.

CAN YOU HELP

DENNISGSCOTT, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

civilization 4

1. civilization 4 - Similar Threads - civilization

2. catastrophi error undeer installation of civilization iii conquest on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    catastrophi error undeer installation of civilization iii conquest on windows 10: When trying to install civilization iii cinquest i get an "catastrophi error. An helpfile cound not be installed."I have tried the useall things, run as admin, compability mode for win7. Still no luck.Flemming...
  3. catastrophi error undeer installation of civilization iii conquest on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    catastrophi error undeer installation of civilization iii conquest on windows 10: When trying to install civilization iii cinquest i get an "catastrophi error. An helpfile cound not be installed."I have tried the useall things, run as admin, compability mode for win7. Still no luck.Flemming...
  4. Civilization 6 is crashing or not launching on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Civilization 6 is crashing or not launching on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Civilization 6 game keeps crashing or not launching on Windows 11/10, the solutions provided in this article will help you resolve the issue. The most common reason why a game crashes on a PC is the compatibility issue. If your system does not meet the minimum...
  5. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  6. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  7. Civilization VI crashes at startup/Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civilization VI crashes at startup/Windows 10: when I launch the game it starts to load and then crashes before the game fully loads. I have been dealing with this issue for over a week, I have also been in communications with 2K games for this week working with their technical support to resolve this issue. I have done...
  8. Civilization VI crashes at startup/Windows 10

Civilization VI crashes at startup/Windows 10: when I launch the game it starts to load and then crashes before the game fully loads. I have been dealing with this issue for over a week, I have also been in communications with 2K games for this week working with their technical support to resolve this issue. I have done...
  9. Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content: Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content not installed but the game installs fine. I have purchased 2 separate DLC's and they both error out at 100% with error code 0x87e00017. I tried to install another game and it was fine. I am not sure what the issue...
  10. Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content

Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content: Error 0x87e00017 for Galactic Civilizations III DLC content not installed but the game installs fine. I have purchased 2 separate DLC's and they both error out at 100% with error code 0x87e00017. I tried to install another game and it was fine. I am not sure what the issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 civilization 4 issues