Windows 10: Civilization V Access Violation Error

Discus and support Civilization V Access Violation Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I realize this is not the thread for gaming, but my post is more concerned with the type of error that is occurring with my game. I am trying to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JTerek88, Jan 7, 2016.

1. JTerek88 Win User

Civilization V Access Violation Error

I realize this is not the thread for gaming, but my post is more concerned with the type of error that is occurring with my game. I am trying to play Civilization V (latest expansion pack), and everything worked fine for about two months (all on Windows 10) until literally the New Year. Now, at various times when loading the game (sometimes before it launches, and sometimes when it is trying to load a particular save), the game suddenly crashes. Windows says that the game has stopped working properly and that Windows would notify me if a solution is available. When I go into the Event Viewer, it seems that it is a problem with the game's .exe file, and the error code is 0XC0000005. Everything that I've read says that this is an "Access Violation" and that it sometimes has to do with RAM.

Does anyone on here know anything about this type of error? Is it a problem with the game or with Windows 10? I have reinstalled the game, updated Windows, updated my graphics card drivers... nothing seems to fix the issue (though the game rather mysteriously runs fine on my Windows 10 laptop). I am just looking for any input on what might be the culprit for this issue.

:)

JTerek88, Jan 7, 2016

2. windows app store not working

When I ran store purge cache it said it worked but also had the error

I have had this error before.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization V\Assets\UI\Art\Mo... X

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meiers Civilization V\Assets\UI\Art\ModBrowser\Search.bmp

The remote procedure call failed.

OK

Also the calculator no longer works.

Dale Dewing, Jan 7, 2016
  3. civilization V in windows 10 won't run

Civilization V wont run in Windows 10

CathyLayton, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

Civilization V Access Violation Error

1. Civilization V Access Violation Error - Similar Threads - Civilization Access Violation

2. .dll error Access Violation 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll error Access Violation 0xc0000005: This game I've had recently is giving this problem..The error file in temp folder shows this...Genshin Impact [version: Unity 2017.4.30f1 0] UserAssembly.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module UserAssembly.dll at 0033:75845ac0. Error occurred at...
  3. .dll error Access Violation 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll error Access Violation 0xc0000005: This game I've had recently is giving this problem..The error file in temp folder shows this...Genshin Impact [version: Unity 2017.4.30f1 0] UserAssembly.dll caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module UserAssembly.dll at 0033:75845ac0. Error occurred at...
  4. Access Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access Violation: I have 2 programs which I use constantly for my business, a few days ago they both come up with an Access Violation. 1 Crashes instantly, 1 just keeps bringing up error message.I take my Laptop home and use the same programs. it all works fine.take it back to work, same thing...
  5. civilization 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    civilization 4: went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the game. it would not open. the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs...
  6. Access violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access violation: How do I fix an access violation at 0x6D261ED7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-violation/869f2695-50c7-40d7-8b4d-1e59a2b66d8c
  7. Access Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access Violation: For practically all games i own they crash with the error "Access Violation" at some random read location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-violation/a4563bdd-ad3f-4aea-bc91-77840cd0a53a
  8. Access Violation Error Opening Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Violation Error Opening Game: Whenever I launch the game Forza Horizon 4 it just will not load and its definitely nothing to do with any apps I am running or anything since I have tried every single fix I could find for it to no avail, I have tried analyzing dump files, updating windows, updating drivers,...
  9. Access Violation Error Opening Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Violation Error Opening Game: Whenever I launch the game Forza Horizon 4 it just will not load and its definitely nothing to do with any apps I am running or anything since I have tried every single fix I could find for it to no avail, I have tried analyzing dump files, updating windows, updating drivers,...
  10. Win32Kbase.sys when i play Civilization V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32Kbase.sys when i play Civilization V.: I get BSOD after about 20 minutes of playing this game. never used to happen when i was using windows 7. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Win32Kbase.sys) BSOD. Game runs fine otherwise shutting down the system. 37309