Windows 10: claim your free OneDrive storage this weekend or lose it forever

Discus and support claim your free OneDrive storage this weekend or lose it forever in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Unless you’ve been living under a rock the last few months, you likely know thatMicrosoft is cutting back on its OneDrive storage options. The base... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Jan 30, 2016.

1. claim your free OneDrive storage this weekend or lose it forever

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 30, 2016

2. [Q] How to delete camera roll all at once in Windows 10 Mobile?

Microsoft really leave a big black hole at managing OneDrive space vs. local phone storage. I'm losing hours trying to find out how to free local space WITHOUT losing my photo's on OneDrive. I've ended up deleting photos from OneDrive, including deleting
    them from the Recycle Bin on OneDrive. The photos finally disappear from my phone, but free storage space isn't going up. The storage setting for photos is This Device. I need to clear space on my device for the system update. Please help.

Siem Eikelenboom, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Do I have to pay after 1 year use window 10?

No, if you have Windows 7 or 8.1 today, the update to 10 will be free forever (as long as you claim it within the first year). After you get it, its yours forever, for free,

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

claim your free OneDrive storage this weekend or lose it forever

Thank you.
    Not that I need it, in fact I have stopped using online storage for a while, but it is nice to know.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    Thanks for the warning! I had heard about it, but I didn't know you could claim your current free storage.

Rudy Mas, Jan 30, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Thanks, but no thanks*Biggrin

brummyfan, Jan 30, 2016
  7. sorted , don't use it very often but better to keep it at 15gb than let it drop to 5gb, its not like it costs you anything to keep it at 15gb, just a few key presses .
    seems silly not too.
    thanks

shakennstirred, Jan 31, 2016
  8. SonicMojo Win User

So I am at 130 GB overall...is this going to shrink down to 15GB sometime today - or stay where it is?

Sonic.

SonicMojo, Jan 31, 2016
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Done.
    Not sure what I'll use it for yet, but it's there any-who.

10. Ghost82 Win User
    It doesn't work from Spain:
    This storage promotion is now over.

Ghost82, Feb 2, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    It finished on Jan 31st *Sad

12. Time over buddies *Smile

Sumit Dhiman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. claim your free OneDrive storage this weekend or lose it forever - Similar Threads - claim free OneDrive

2. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  3. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.: I had a OneDrive only subscription but it became difficult to use where I am in Mainland China, so subscribed with a local cloud backup, but I still have OD on three of my devices, and on one it is showing the grey cloud with a line through it. I tried to log in but when I...
  4. OneDrive reducing to free storage limit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Losing storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing storage: my PC sometimes loses storage gigabytes by creating random .TMP files in %temp% is there anyway i can stop this?. whenever it is happeningand i delete the folders and files in %temp% and run a sfc /scannow it most of the timeshows Windows Resource Protection successfully...
  6. Losing storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing storage: my PC sometimes loses storage gigabytes by creating random .TMP files in %temp% is there anyway i can stop this?. whenever it is happeningand i delete the folders and files in %temp% and run a sfc /scannow it most of the timeshows Windows Resource Protection successfully...
  7. Losing storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Effective Onedrive free storage space

Effective Onedrive free storage space: I understand that each Onedrive account has free 5 g storage space. For each file stored in Onedrive, when editing is done, Onedrive will create a "File History" for that file. Also, if a file is deleted, it will go to the "Recycle bin" My question is that would the...
  9. Re-claim Free Space in Storage Spaces Volume

Re-claim Free Space in Storage Spaces Volume: I have a Win10 machine with 1x 500GB SSD (boot drive) and 3x 3TB HDD. I have storage spaces set up for the HDDs and have noticed that any deleted data in the volume does not change "usage" according to storage spaces. Now it says my volume is full despite having only ~5TB on...
  10. You have just 7 days left to claim your free bonus OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 News
    You have just 7 days left to claim your free bonus OneDrive storage: In early November, Microsoft announced a sweeping set of changes to OneDrive, specifically by dropping its free storage options from 15GB to 5GB, dropping unlimited free storage that came with some Office 365 plans, and by dropping some paid plan tiers. Of course, this caused...