Windows 10: Claimed my free w10 Minecraft in 2018, upgraded to RTX capable desktop and ITS GONE, can...

Discus and support Claimed my free w10 Minecraft in 2018, upgraded to RTX capable desktop and ITS GONE, can... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Decade-long MC Veteran here! Claimed my free w10 Minecraft upgrade in 2018 while overseas working in Germany played a bit, honestly at the time i hated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by alphaMCfounderVET, May 5, 2020.

1. Claimed my free w10 Minecraft in 2018, upgraded to RTX capable desktop and ITS GONE, can...

Decade-long MC Veteran here! Claimed my free w10 Minecraft upgrade in 2018 while overseas working in Germany played a bit, honestly at the time i hated it compared to Java, upgraded from my latop to an RTX capable desktop about ~10 days ago for the RTX beta and ITS GONE, can only get JAVA edition from the old launcher but the MS store is essentially empty...

I know I'm not crazy because i used to commonly launch MCw10 edition by mistake instead of javasince lets face it hardcore players mostly only use java and thats a YouTube fact I even have some worlds i made and backed up that are incompatible with my java edition, so i know again that im not crazy i did have my free w10 upgrade till it mysteriously vanished just after RTX beta goes live.... hmmmm very very strange...

Simply put MS just removed my free upgrade... WHY? is it a sales tactic?

Knowing with that RTX is left out of JAVA intentionally is the universal sign that support of java is about to end any moment now... They wouldnt leave major features out of a title thats gonna be around for more than a year While that makes me sad to think about it, I DID use that freebie-thankyou-for-playing-since-alpha/beta copy of the w10 edition that i claimed long before the 4/20/2020 deadline aaaaaaaaand NOPE the MS store wants to resell me stuff i already own. Have tried every solution from 15-25 similar posts like mine with NO AVAIL!

I was afraid of putting anything on launchers/stores because I strictly use STEAM which as NEVER failed me but the one time i use the microsoft store my title just POOOFS its gone...

is it because i only played it for a few hours when i first downloaded it? was it just a trial and not really an upgrade? or did microsoft decide they gave out too many free copies and went back to nix the freebies out of our MS store to try to make a few additional sales? Cant say I have ANY faith or trust in using the microsoft store after this... while I'm thankful it was a free-game that mojang gave me for playing since alpha, it was still MY game that they essentially stole from me, the fact that you cannot trust the MS store to actually save the titles you have leaves me with no choice but to avoid the MS store at all costs! Steam is somehow the only reliable platform after all these decades?

P.S. Only have one MS accountan email thats 27 years old... so i know im not just on the wrong one either... I came across legions of others on reddit/discord/twitch/ who claimed their free w10 edition MC and its nowhere to be found now that theres actually a reason to even load up w10 edition thanks to RTX... Feels a little bit suspicious to me, like im being shafted to buy something i already own... I can only hope this can be made right?

the account is THIS account

:)

alphaMCfounderVET, May 5, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, May 5, 2020
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 edition

Hi, i Bought on 12/03/2018 minecraft Java edition, wich allowed me to acces Minecraft Windows 10 edition... Unfortunately, when i try to redeem my Minecraft w10 edition from The Mohang Site, which redirect me on my microsoft page, the code seems to be
    already claimed. I've tried to search in my Microsoft account but there is no Minecraft in my games...

Alfonso Spisto, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Claimed my free w10 Minecraft in 2018, upgraded to RTX capable desktop and ITS GONE, can...

1. Claimed my free w10 Minecraft in 2018, upgraded to RTX capable desktop and ITS GONE, can... - Similar Threads - Claimed free w10

2. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  3. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  4. RTX Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    RTX Minecraft: Ben minecraft'ı https://www.minecraft.com/ dan aldım ve bu oyunun microsoft hesabıma geçiremiyorum bu nedenle rtx modunu kullanamıyorum her şeyi denedim ama olmadı. Yardımcı olabilir misiniz?...
  5. I used to have the option to claim Windows 10 for free but now its gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used to have the option to claim Windows 10 for free but now its gone: Title is pretty much the post, i made my account in 2014 and I thought of getting Bedrock today but it's gone, i have proof of purchase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-used-to-have-the-option-to-claim-windows-10-for/80a7238e-b578-4f06-8dd5-a994bfdff00c
  6. Can't Claim Free Copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Claim Free Copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Why does my Mojang account not say I can claim my free copy of Minecraft windows 10 edition even though I have java edition and purchased it in 2017....
  7. Minecraft RTX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft RTX: Thank you, Minecraft for bringing up my hopes and then smashing them down and spitting on them. I was pretty happy to go play windows 10 Minecraft with actually good ray tracing but thanks for wasting my time anyways. I guess GTX 1650 boys cant join the fun huh....
  8. Minecraft rtx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft rtx: Я зарегистрировался на программе бета-тестирования minecraft rtx, но не могу скачать миры с поддержкой rtx, так как видеокарта не поддерживается игрой. У меня NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, но требуется не старее 2060. При этом моя видеокарта поддерживает rtx! Как загрузить нужные...
  9. Bluetooth Capability Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Capability Gone: Hi there I have had this problem before and have tried the suggestions given to me last time, but to no avail. My laptop has been very sluggish to the point where I struggled to work, I do realise my Acer TravelMate P253 M is quite old, but wanted to make a last ditch...
  10. Free W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free W10 upgrade: Like I mentioned earlier my Acer I did an upgrade a bit over two weeks ago and the upgrade worked using my 7Starter keys and was upgraded to Home and I'm not talking out of my @$$. I didn't like how much slower it was when it was appified so I ripped it out by the roots and...