Windows 10: Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund

Discus and support Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have seen that this was reported even back in 2012. It appears to be from Washington DC 202 868 8880 and they continuously call or leave messages... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FirebirdBR, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund

I have seen that this was reported even back in 2012. It appears to be from Washington DC 202 868 8880 and they continuously call or leave messages saying' Do you remember a payment you made concerning your computer repair?" or "We are going out of business and want to give you a refund for the payments you made to us..."they want to lead you to using an app that gives them access via remote to your computer. I have argued, yelled, threatened, blocked, , everything I can think of to get them to stop calling and they don't! I hung up, blocked that number and the guy "Daniel" called back 5 minutes later, but this time it came up as being from Florida. 904 530 4741

So they are able to bounce around their numbers.

Don't fall for it

:)

FirebirdBR, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Refund for an application bought on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Most apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books purchased in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One are non-refundable unless the offer or applicable law states that you’re eligible for a refund. Should you have other questions and clarifications,
    we suggest that you contact our
    Microsoft Support
    team.

For detailed information about the return and refund policy, see
    Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 21, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund

need refund for dvd player

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Could you provide us few information in order to assist you better?

• What are the issues your facing in DVD player apart from not playing?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the app again?
    • Did you try any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?
    I would suggest you to contact the store and try to get a refund for the issue.You can follow the link mentioned below to contact the Store.

Items ordered from Microsoft Store online:

http://store.microsoft.com/Help/Returns-Refunds

Sales and Support

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Site_Contact_Us

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

SujataMoktan, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund

1. Claims to be Microsoft Computer repair/refund - Similar Threads - Claims Microsoft Computer

2. Unable to claim refund on app bought on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to claim refund on app bought on Microsoft Store: A couple days ago, I bought an app on the Microsoft Store that ended up not working as intended. I asked for a refund through the Xbox page I followed all the steps on the helpdesk and this is where it took me and received a message from the Xbox team saying that I need to...
  3. Unable to claim refund on app bought on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to claim refund on app bought on Microsoft Store: A couple days ago, I bought an app on the Microsoft Store that ended up not working as intended. I asked for a refund through the Xbox page I followed all the steps on the helpdesk and this is where it took me and received a message from the Xbox team saying that I need to...
  4. Microsoft Refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Refund: I have requested a refund for a product from a game because I accidentally bought it twice and Microsoft itself has approved of my refund but all it says its pending. What is going on cause I've been waiting and nothing has happened and Microsoft hasn't given back my money....
  5. Microsoft Refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Refund: Hello, A few days ago, I decided to start a refund on one of my purchases since I purchased the wrong version. I used the Digital Game Purchase Refund form to attempt a refund. The purchase that I started a refund on was eligible to be returned, and it began to be...
  6. company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    company claiming to be Windows/Microsoft: a company called iTecGreek claims that my license has been compromised and that they are representing Windows. Is this correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-claiming-to-be-windowsmicrosoft/43d8d374-9087-4dce-a504-54638b5877b2"
  7. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    phone call claiming to be Microsoft: At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970....
  8. Microsoft claim.

Microsoft claim.: I receive telephone messages every hour on the hour stating that the call is from Micro Soft claim dept. about money received and refund by pressing 1 now. I have not answered this call and it goes to voicemail. But enough is enough....
  9. microsoft refund

microsoft refund: I just received a call from barker, NY (716) 795-6100 explaining to me that I was entitled to a Microsoft refund for some security glitch or something. The weird thing is that I had just bought a new computer yesterday. They wanted me to press the windows and R buttons down...
  10. Overdue Microsoft refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Overdue Microsoft refund.: I am trying to contact "Kathy Jackson" at Microsoft for a refund I paid 05/06/18 for Microsoft tech support. She left a message to call her for a refund but the phone number she left is continually busy! I've been trying for several days. Very frustrating!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. telephone message microsoft store going out of business computer repair refun