Windows 10: Clarification on Hyper-V

Discus and support Clarification on Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by DeaconFrost, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Clarification on Hyper-V

I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc?

I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks!

:)

DeaconFrost, Nov 11, 2015

2. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Folks i had te same issue, solved by removing Hyper-V feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Roberto Rodrigues, Nov 11, 2015
  3. shadowynd Win User
    Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Clarification on Hyper-V

As so often in computing and everything else, this is of course only a subjective, personal opinion: for me the Hyper-V is the the best available free hypervisor. It's my choice, I completely stopped using VirtualBox and VMware products when a free consumer version of Hyper-V was presented in first Windows 8 beta versions. Since that I have only used Hyper-V for all my virtualization needs.

One think Hyper-V is missing is direct support of the host USB devices. At least for me this is not a big deal because I can use my Hyper-V virtual machines in enhanced mode (Windows 8 or later, CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests), or with remote desktop connection (Windows 7 or older, other Linux guests).

On the other side Hyper-V has a lot of features missing from the other free alternatives. One feature I like really much is it automatically suspends all running virtual machines when the host is hibernated or shut down, and resumes them without any data loss or other issues when the host wakes up or is restarted. Checkpoints is another feature I find extremely useful.

I recommend Hyper-V wholeheartedly but naturally it's of course up to you to decide if you want to test it. GEt started with this tutorial: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

5. To which I might add that Macrium Reflect 6 has a free add-on that enables temporarily mounting a Macrium 6 image backup as a running Hyper-V virtual machine. I have found this an interesting way to troubleshoot the host system or try configurations before plunging in. There are still bugs but it is coming along.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Clarification on Hyper-V

1. Clarification on Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Clarification Hyper

2. Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows: Hi there, I have been facing issues with my Windows 10 Pro and the OS has now crashed. I have exhausted all my options in Windows RE and i am now left with installing windows via a pendrive. When i am installing, i am being asked the partition where the system needs to...
  3. Windows activate - clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activate - clarification: It's been a long time since I've activated Windows 10 on a new computer, and the last time things did not go as I'd hoped, so I have a question. I use local accounts on my computers. I'm getting a new computer today with an OEM installation of Win 10 Pro. Is it possible to...
  4. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.: Hi, This is a follow on question from a post I made yesterday concerning issues with transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital licence. I'm hoping to get clarification on the true state of my licence. In 2009 I bought a retail copy of Windows 7 for a new build PC. I still...
  5. Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios switched screen think i know why but need clarification.: So recently my pc ran into some issues and would not post. Found out it was due to hardware conflict. We removed the culprit during this I had to reboot pc multiple times for different tests. The last one i did was Memtest86. Now after that every time i boot my BIOS goes to...
  6. Request to clarification on Adobe Flash Player End of Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Request to clarification on Adobe Flash Player End of Support: Hi Team, we noticed there's an update on adobe flash player end of support posted on https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/09/04/update-adobe-flash-end-support/. there're some points not clear for us, can you help to clarify? 1. what "disable" means in the below...
  7. Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuttering audio, need clarification of recent posts: Image shows profile of my older PC. Recent upgrade to Win10pro seemed to bring on severe audio stuttering. Whether from sound file on disc or from Web. I use only Bluetooth audio. Headphones and a n Oontz Angle. I am truly "snowed" by the audio jargon. I know my way around...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Installation Problems / Clarification

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Installation Problems / Clarification: Hi, I have been struggling with getting MSFS 2020 to install! Pre-Purchased the Premium Deluxe Edition and i have a Windows 10 PC - and so far all attempts have failed at some point over the last 12 hours of trying. First question - what is the order of installation...
  9. Looking for clarification on how two-finger right-click works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for clarification on how two-finger right-click works: I've recently purchases a mid-2019 Razer Blade 15 base model, and have been having issues with the two-finger right-click not tap. I'm finding that the function only works if I remove both fingers from the touchpad before clicking. If I keep one finger on the touchpad to...
  10. Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.

in Browsers and Email
    Brave: Need some clarification on Remote Debugging option.: Just noted today on Brave Privacy & Security, the option Remote Debugging that is on by default. It must be an option that came with the latest version, I maybe wrong but I never notice it before. I did disable it as I'm not quite sure what having it On entails vis a vis to...
Tags: