Windows 10: Clarification on Hyper-V

Discus and support Clarification on Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by DeaconFrost, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Clarification on Hyper-V

I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc?

I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for confirmation.

Thanks!

:)

DeaconFrost, Nov 11, 2015

2. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Folks i had te same issue, solved by removing Hyper-V feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Roberto Rodrigues, Nov 11, 2015
  3. shadowynd Win User
    Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Nov 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Clarification on Hyper-V

As so often in computing and everything else, this is of course only a subjective, personal opinion: for me the Hyper-V is the the best available free hypervisor. It's my choice, I completely stopped using VirtualBox and VMware products when a free consumer version of Hyper-V was presented in first Windows 8 beta versions. Since that I have only used Hyper-V for all my virtualization needs.

One think Hyper-V is missing is direct support of the host USB devices. At least for me this is not a big deal because I can use my Hyper-V virtual machines in enhanced mode (Windows 8 or later, CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests), or with remote desktop connection (Windows 7 or older, other Linux guests).

On the other side Hyper-V has a lot of features missing from the other free alternatives. One feature I like really much is it automatically suspends all running virtual machines when the host is hibernated or shut down, and resumes them without any data loss or other issues when the host wakes up or is restarted. Checkpoints is another feature I find extremely useful.

I recommend Hyper-V wholeheartedly but naturally it's of course up to you to decide if you want to test it. GEt started with this tutorial: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.

5. To which I might add that Macrium Reflect 6 has a free add-on that enables temporarily mounting a Macrium 6 image backup as a running Hyper-V virtual machine. I have found this an interesting way to troubleshoot the host system or try configurations before plunging in. There are still bugs but it is coming along.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Clarification on Hyper-V

1. Clarification on Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Clarification Hyper

2. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function: Hello Community, I am currently working with the `PrintWindow` function for a Windows desktop application test and I came across a question regarding the `nFlags` parameter. I understand that this parameter can be used with the `PW_CLIENTONLY` flag to capture only the client...
  3. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function: Hello Community, I am currently working with the `PrintWindow` function for a Windows desktop application test and I came across a question regarding the `nFlags` parameter. I understand that this parameter can be used with the `PW_CLIENTONLY` flag to capture only the client...
  4. Clarification on the nFlags Parameter Default Value for PrintWindow Function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account: An amount of €46.24 was taken from my credit card on 14/07/2023, the invoice no. associated with this payment is G025753192.Please confirm what this is for?RegardsDAVID DUNNE...
  6. I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account

I need clarification on an invoice i received and i cannot access from my account: An amount of €46.24 was taken from my credit card on 14/07/2023, the invoice no. associated with this payment is G025753192.Please confirm what this is for?RegardsDAVID DUNNE...
  7. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  8. Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...

Windows 11 pro OEM clarification...: Hi there,I wish to know why there is OEM versions of windows in the market for regular person to buy?And how to know for which manufacturer was this version inteded to? Or OEM just means that you can only install it on one computer and it will be bind to it...?...
  9. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  10. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
Tags: