Windows 10: Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows

Discus and support Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have been facing issues with my Windows 10 Pro and the OS has now crashed. I have exhausted all my options in Windows RE and i am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitwikRao, Mar 9, 2021.

1. RitwikRao Win User

Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows

Hi there,

I have been facing issues with my Windows 10 Pro and the OS has now crashed. I have exhausted all my options in Windows RE and i am now left with installing windows via a pendrive. When i am installing, i am being asked the partition where the system needs to install windows. I am able to see my old partitions with the respective amount of GB being held for the data that i have. My question is, if i select C as the partition to install windows on, will my files from other drives be unaffected? I have files dating back to 2008 and I do not intend to loose out on them. Please help. Thanks in advance. :

Regards,

Ritwik S Rao

:)

RitwikRao, Mar 9, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 9, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BST forum rule clarification

Just for the record, I only suggested the clarification because suggesting everyone has a basic grasp of english simply is not true.

R-T-B, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows

1. Clarification on keeping my old files while installing Windows - Similar Threads - Clarification keeping old

2. Windows Licensing clarification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Licensing clarification: Hi,Would the be somebody who is able to help out? I am lost with windows licensing. For example, with SKU KV3-00489 can I upgrade Home edition straight to Enterprise edition? Someone said only home > pro > pro > enterprise is allowed.Where could I find information what SKU I...
  3. Windows Licensing clarification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Licensing clarification: Hi,Would the be somebody who is able to help out? I am lost with windows licensing. For example, with SKU KV3-00489 can I upgrade Home edition straight to Enterprise edition? Someone said only home > pro > pro > enterprise is allowed.Where could I find information what SKU I...
  4. Windows Licensing clarification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows activate - clarification

Windows activate - clarification: It's been a long time since I've activated Windows 10 on a new computer, and the last time things did not go as I'd hoped, so I have a question. I use local accounts on my computers. I'm getting a new computer today with an OEM installation of Win 10 Pro. Is it possible to...
  6. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  7. Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?: I just bought a new ssd to install windows on because my hard drive sounds like the Daytona 500 when booting up. I have 100s of gbs worth of programs and files I want to keep. Anyway of having windows on both, but only running on one? submitted by /u/MostLikelyALlama...
  8. Clarification on re-installation of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clarification on re-installation of Windows 10 Home: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15 with Windows 10 Home OS in HDD, I want to change it to SSD and upon research I came across an article stating that I can just reinstall the OS because Microsoft has the digital signature of my device. Is this correct? Your response will...
  9. CU - Update Installation - Clarification please

CU - Update Installation - Clarification please: I finally got around to installing update KB4013214 - Privacy settings for CU. I got the notification box at restart asking: "Let's start by reviewing your privacy settings" If you review/change the settings the next step is to Accept. I backed out and chose "Remind Me...
  10. Windows 10 Clarification

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clarification: Hi , Could someone just help me i`m i bit confused 1...I have got the upgrade icon and have done whats needed to up from 7 to 10 ,will i get (or be able to download) a hard copy of my OS for future use 2... I have also got build 10130 on my desktop will that upgraded to...