Windows 10: Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

Discus and support Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, This is a follow on question from a post I made yesterday concerning issues with transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital licence. I'm hoping to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobDobson1, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

Hi,

This is a follow on question from a post I made yesterday concerning issues with transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital licence. I'm hoping to get clarification on the true state of my licence.

In 2009 I bought a retail copy of Windows 7 for a new build PC. I still have the original CD and receipt from Amazon.
    I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was was released. This was using the free upgrade offered by Microsoft at the time.
    In 2017 I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. This became a digital licence linked to my Microsoft account and shows under my account billing.

I am now trying to transfer this digital licence to a new PC. On the old PC the slmgr -dli command showed my licence as Retail so, according to all information I have previously seen, it should be transferrable.

The process to transfer the licence failed miserably, and a long conversation with a Microsoft agent left me perplexed and confused. They said that my licence is now classed as OEM, even though it shows as Retail. They were unable to state why this is so.

I have found a post on this forum made by an MVP in 2015 which appears to matches my situation, and implies that my licence should still be retail and transferable to another PC.

If anyone can give me an explanation, I'd be very grateful.

:)

BobDobson1, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Raner Win User

Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade.
    Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license.

Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence. [​IMG]

If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks...

Raner, Jan 18, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User
    Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

This is the best way as it does not use one of your digital licence "lives" as you can only transfer a digital licence three times (by my testing).

cereberus, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence

Activate Windows 10 Pro via a Digital Licence, still shows Windows Home

TeresaMeakins, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

1. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence. - Similar Threads - Clarification state Pro

2. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  3. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  4. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 Digital Licence

WIndows 10 Digital Licence: Good day, bought my laptop which had a pre-installed Microsoft Home. I changed the OS to Microsoft Pro by buying a license online. Today this license was accidentally removed using cmd. Please how do i get the license back since my PC is currently inactivated. Prompt...
  6. windows 10 digital licence

windows 10 digital licence: My laptop hard drive crashed and I need my digital licence to activate windows 10 on a diff pc. How can I get that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-digital-licence/5feb4c46-1cdd-4cce-92d6-0f871864f812
  7. Digital licence Windows 10

Digital licence Windows 10: Do digital licences expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-windows-10/59dc3bcc-abf2-42d2-a4f4-526bb91d4083"
  8. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry

Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry: Recently I've started to upgrade my office's PCs & laptops OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've used the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC or laptop to activate the Windows 10 Pro installed & the activation was successful :- Activation...
  9. Windows 10 digital licence

Windows 10 digital licence: hi to all, I need help from someone with big experience in licencing. Our company recently purchased unbranded PCs with Windows 10. No COA was provided, and according to reseler PCs are with digital licence. However, running command wmic path softwarelicensingservice...
  10. Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license. [img] If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks......