Windows 10: Clarifying account deletion?

Discus and support Clarifying account deletion? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help as I am thoroughly confused. There are three very similar-seeming accounts I will be referring to and I'll use acronyms to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oogaboogababy80085, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Clarifying account deletion?

Hello,

I need some help as I am thoroughly confused. There are three very similar-seeming accounts I will be referring to and I'll use acronyms to differentiate them: a) the online Microsoft account that can be logged into on Microsoft.com ("OnMftAcc"), b) the Windows computer account tied to the OnMftAcc ("WnAcc"), and c) the local account ("LcAcc").

I want to delete the OnMftAcc. I was reading the instructions here. But what happens to the WnAcc? Will the settings still sync between my devices using this WnAcc? Or do they immediately become LcAccs? And later on in the deletion link it discusses an email and app account. Are these tied to my OnMftAcc? Or WnAcc? I'm clearly so confused. Clarifying account deletion? :( Please help.

What I'm hoping to do is delete the OnMftAcc but keep my WnAccs the same and not become LcAccs. But I can't tell if deleting the OnMftAcc will somehow impact the WnAccs.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Oogaboogababy80085
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oogaboogababy80085, Aug 15, 2020
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

i have no access to that administrator account
    Sorry guys ill clarify a bit
    I have an operating system with three accounts on it, 2 administrators and 1 limited
    I need to delete one of the administrators but i have no access to the other
    I can plug the hard drive into other computers to access it from there
    thanks

iamollie, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Clarifying account deletion?

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Clarifying account deletion?

1. Clarifying account deletion? - Similar Threads - Clarifying account deletion

2. Clarifying the file management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clarifying the file management: I have a laptop using Windows 11. When I purchased it new, I didn't realize that providing my Microsoft account info would link me to the cloud as a default. That drove me crazy. I can't remember how I managed to make that stop. My problem is that right now, my documents are...
  3. Clarifying the file management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clarifying the file management: I have a laptop using Windows 11. When I purchased it new, I didn't realize that providing my Microsoft account info would link me to the cloud as a default. That drove me crazy. I can't remember how I managed to make that stop. My problem is that right now, my documents are...
  4. trying to clarify my billing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to clarify my billing: I just want to chat with someone. Why can't I clarify if I'm over paying for services? I had some type of free promotion with my laptop purchase that was supposed to tack on to the already purchased annual membership I have to extend it for I believe 3 months but I can't...
  5. trying to clarify my billing

trying to clarify my billing: I just want to chat with someone. Why can't I clarify if I'm over paying for services? I had some type of free promotion with my laptop purchase that was supposed to tack on to the already purchased annual membership I have to extend it for I believe 3 months but I can't...
  6. Account deletion

Account deletion: When I go to delete it, it only shows the Manage button, but no delete button. I want it to remove on my PC. This Windows 11 Home. Why they dont provide any delete button for the users who wants it remove....
  7. Delete Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Account: HiI'm having difficulty deleting an old Microsoft account. The internet server which I originally used to sign up with Microsoft no longer exists therefor I am not able to send or receive emails on this server. If I try and delete the Microsoft account it asks me to sign into...
  8. Deleted account

Deleted account: I had no choice to delete a Hotmail account 100s of spam emails a day, but I have a laptop that was connected to that account. Is there any way I can bypass the login screen to get to my files?...
  9. doubt...pls clarify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doubt...pls clarify: my friend was updating his windows,,,,,his windows were restarting when his pc shut down due to power cut.....what will happen now?? submitted by /u/Rage_Dash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jn89bd/doubtpls_clarify/
  10. Account Deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Deletion: I started a process to delete an account where can i find the date it will close I know it takes 60 days but would like to find out when https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-deletion/83272fea-546e-45af-a9bf-4ed35daa5ad4