Windows 10: Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd

Discus and support Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Background: I found information back in 2010 related to Win 10, but the discussion is now LOCKED. I wanted to clarify the instructions provided in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Al_XB, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Al_XB Win User

Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd

Background: I found information back in 2010 related to Win 10, but the discussion is now LOCKED.

I wanted to clarify the instructions provided in 2010 to same question:

"Right click the Desktop and select Personalize. Select the Theme that you want to change.

Click the desktop Backgrounds item (lower/left).

If you placed the pictures in a folder under Web\Wallpapers, the pictures will be displayed in a section of the view window. If you placed the pictures in another location, click the Browse Button and navigate to the folder where they are located.

Select each picture that you want to add.

Click the Save Changes button.

You can save the Theme with a new name, if you wish.

2018 Issue:

I was trying to add some more photos to an existing free Theme Pack from Microsoft and I didn't see Desktop Background to click. See screen shot below.

I tried to copy more files from the file C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\NASA Space.theme to get more photos to show up? The way to do it is to click BACKGROUND which is not on the lower/left.

Then you can add any photo from the folder you created.

Hope this helps.

Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack  - 2018 cont'd a9b209c1-f526-453c-ba94-97b2ab3e6573?upload=true.jpg

:)

Al_XB, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Wen50 Win User

Theme Packs

I was using windows 7 and could get a theme pack with all the photos..with windows 10 I can only get one photo at a time. Aren't we able to get a theme pack anymore?

Wen50, Dec 16, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack  - 2018 cont'd 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd

Creating theme with my photos

Hi Susan,

Making themes using your photos has a more personalized approach in Windows 10. About your query in creating themes with your pictures, we suggest following the procedures given by
    MVP Shawn posted last July 6, 2016 on this thread: Using my own photos to
    create custom themes
    . This reference will walk you through the steps on how you can easily personalize your themes in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd

1. Clarifying "Adding" a photo or photos to an existing Theme Pack - 2018 cont'd - Similar Threads - Clarifying Adding photo

2. with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos: with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos. I have windows 10. Used to be simple but THAT choice to clarify sharpen photo no longer appears in the options. Thank you...
  3. with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos: with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos. I have windows 10. Used to be simple but THAT choice to clarify sharpen photo no longer appears in the options. Thank you...
  4. with latest update to windows how do I now use the photo editor to clarify photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uploading photos for Microsoft Themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uploading photos for Microsoft Themes: Hi How do i upload my photos to Microsoft Themes so others could enjoy it too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos-for-microsoft-themes/22344285-59fa-4126-90e1-d6ce1c5a3d68
  6. Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo

Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo: I am using the application in Win10 with local storage, and am trying to insert a photo in a 4 minute videoclip. 1. It gets placed at the end, but I want it at a precise point to illustrate what is being said. 2. I need to retain the audio track while the photo is...
  7. Microsoft Photos Themes Picture

Microsoft Photos Themes Picture: I want to recreate a Microsoft Photos theme in Powerpoint. Where can I find the images which have been used in the Microsoft Photos themes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-themes-picture/28dbfbb9-c651-4a41-99cd-08d44bf3a15b
  8. ADDING A PERSONAL PHOTO

ADDING A PERSONAL PHOTO: Is there a way to add a personal photo so it would be the label on the cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-personal-photo/b34edfc7-6404-4a9d-9ecc-0e9ade3950b0
  9. Adding text to the photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding text to the photo: I don’t know how to add a text to the photo in Photo app. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-text-to-the-photo/ae0cde3f-1253-4fdb-b511-6b1f19a0eb84
  10. Adding photos from dvd to windows photo collection

Adding photos from dvd to windows photo collection: When I attach disk and open Windows 10 Photo app and click import I click to import a folder. Explorer file shows up and I have tried several methods but can't get it to import or if it does import by clicking each item and then click add it does not stay when I remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add pictures to existing theme pack

2. adding to theme packs

3. adding a photo to a theme