Windows 10: Clarity of windows fonts

Discus and support Clarity of windows fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There used to be an app that would allow you to change how fonts appeared in Windows. A screen of 6 boxes would show and you would pick the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 21BY34, Feb 11, 2020.

1. 21BY34 Win User

Clarity of windows fonts

There used to be an app that would allow you to change how fonts appeared in Windows. A screen of 6 boxes would show and you would pick the one that showed best, then it would take you to another window where you would pick again which box looked best. Is this still available and where would I find it in Windows 10, the latest edition.

:)

21BY34, Feb 11, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 11, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Clarity of windows fonts

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Clarity of windows fonts

1. Clarity of windows fonts - Similar Threads - Clarity fonts

2. How stupid Microsoft can be by removing the Clarity option in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How stupid Microsoft can be by removing the Clarity option in photos app: Return the Clarity option in photos app Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stupid-microsoft-can-be-by-removing-the/2ba71984-1a62-4c07-b245-c779c76bdc73
  3. How stupid Microsoft can be by removing the Clarity option in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How stupid Microsoft can be by removing the Clarity option in photos app: Return the Clarity option in photos app Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-stupid-microsoft-can-be-by-removing-the/2ba71984-1a62-4c07-b245-c779c76bdc73
  4. How stupid Microsoft can be by removing the Clarity option in photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Navigating the Edge Computing Maze: Seeking Clarity and Expert Insight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating the Edge Computing Maze: Seeking Clarity and Expert Insight: Hey there, I've been diving into the world of edge computing recently, and I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed. While I understand the basic concept of processing data closer to the source rather than in a centralized data center, I'm struggling to grasp the finer details and...
  6. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Clarity is Poor: I have a Dell XPS8960 running W10 Pro 22H2, 22621.2134 with an RTX3070Ti graphics card driving a Dell U2713H 27" Ultrasharp monitor 2560x1440. I find the default font clarity to be very poor see example, mm in 'command prompt', work in 'network connections', for example, but...
  7. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font Clarity is Poor: I have a Dell XPS8960 running W10 Pro 22H2, 22621.2134 with an RTX3070Ti graphics card driving a Dell U2713H 27" Ultrasharp monitor 2560x1440. I find the default font clarity to be very poor see example, mm in 'command prompt', work in 'network connections', for example, but...
  8. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches: I'm not sure if this is really a Windows 10 issue or an app issue, but certain apps, like Notepad++ or Microsoft Teams, when switching from laptop/external monitors (like after sleep or hibernate or shut down), the font in x y or z app(s) will suddenly have a "wet paper" or...
  10. Pink background and loss of font clarity

in Windows 10 Support
    Pink background and loss of font clarity: Win 10 Pro version 10.0.18363. I recently changed my Theme and shocked to find that there is a general "haze" in every browser window. The fonts are now greyish. No matter what I try I just can't seem to get back to a crisp, white background and black fonts. Most annoying is...