Windows 10: Class not registered and start menu does not show

Discus and support Class not registered and start menu does not show in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried the task manager solution but in task manager the task were hidden and could not apply the fixed described on the community. Even tried... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RogerPalmieri, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Class not registered and start menu does not show

I have tried the task manager solution but in task manager the task were hidden and could not apply the fixed described on the community. Even tried the command prompt as an administrator but I could not get into the command prompt as an administrator.

What worked for me is to use component services by typing windows key and R, get into the run window and type dcomcnfg click OK.

a Windows will open, called Component Services.

You need to go into Component services>computers>mycomputer and double click on DCOM config.

Once double click there are few warning messages that will open but just say yes to each one.

once completed close the component services window and restart the computer.

Now start menu is working and Explorer as well as the set up menu does not produce anymore the class not registered.

Go on the following link to have all the possible solution:

https://windowsreport.com/class-not-registered-windows-10/

:)

RogerPalmieri, Mar 13, 2019
  2. cc89124 Win User

Class not registered/Start menu not working

Hi,

I recently tried to open Bluetooth on my laptop but it shows 'Class not registered', and also when I try to open any icon, including the start menu, on the task bar it does not open. My right-click also does
    not work on these icon.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thank you.

cc89124, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Class Not Registered Error

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why the quick link menu (Windows key + X) and the Start menu in Windows 10 are not working as intended. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or system files that got corrupted. For
    us to resolve your concern, kindly follow the suggested steps below to open an administrator command prompt so that you can run the SFC command:

• Open the regular CMD prompt using the run box (Windows key + R).
    • Once you have the CMD prompt open, right-click on the CMD prompt icon on the task bar to open a pop-up menu.
    • From the list of options in the pop-up menu look for CMD prompt or
      Windows Command Processor, right-click on the option available that you see.
    • Another pop-up menu will show up with the option labeled "Run as administrator". (see the image below for reference)

Class not registered and start menu does not show 7cc58c9c-3a73-4e1a-9511-b6680611301c.png

Once you complete the steps above, you will now have a command prompt with administrative rights. As a recommendation, we suggest that you use the option "Pin to taskbar" on the
    command prompt with administrative rights so that you can reopen it with ease.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Class not registered and start menu does not show

class not registered

Hi Sheila,

The error Class Not Registered may affect many applications. It can be due to changed changes on the Default apps. We'd like to ask the following to help us out on this:

• Can you elaborate the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Are you able to tell us when did this happened and how long is this ongoing?
    • Were there any newly installed applications or updates applied on the device?
    • Do you have another user account we can use on your device?

Erika Aro, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Class not registered and start menu does not show

1. Class not registered and start menu does not show - Similar Threads - Class registered start

2. Class not registered and taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Class not registered and taskbar not showing: I am using windows 11 for almost a year, after the last update I have been facing some issues with my pc; as few days back it was automatically shutting down while using it, now firstly it is taking too much time to start and sometimes while loading it shuts down. And when it...
  3. Class not registered and taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class not registered and taskbar not showing: I am using windows 11 for almost a year, after the last update I have been facing some issues with my pc; as few days back it was automatically shutting down while using it, now firstly it is taking too much time to start and sometimes while loading it shuts down. And when it...
  4. Class not registered and start menu not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Class not registered and start menu not working: This problem cropped up recently on my Windows 10 laptop. I have run SFC and DISM to no avail. Tried repairing windows, ended up losing data and users, ending up with the defaultuser0 problem. I managed to create an admin account in safe mode command prompt. Tried to...
  5. i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture: Hi and good time I have windows10 home and always use default photo app for showing pictures. I have problem with showing pictures recently , it will not show any pictures i get 'Class not registered' error anybody have any idea? Thanks 60673
  6. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  7. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  8. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  9. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu not registered