Windows 10: Class not registered and start menu not working

Discus and support Class not registered and start menu not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This problem cropped up recently on my Windows 10 laptop. I have run SFC and DISM to no avail. Tried repairing windows, ended up losing data and users,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickSlack, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Class not registered and start menu not working

This problem cropped up recently on my Windows 10 laptop. I have run SFC and DISM to no avail. Tried repairing windows, ended up losing data and users, ending up with the defaultuser0 problem. I managed to create an admin account in safe mode command prompt. Tried to reregister ExplorerFrame.dll but the problem persists. Finding it very hard to evev install software to try and recover lost data. Please help!

:)

PatrickSlack, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Jane1ZT Win User

class not registered

Neither Edge or the start menu will load on my computer. It just comes up with X class not registered.

Any suggestions?

Jane1ZT, Oct 25, 2020
  3. cc89124 Win User
    Class not registered/Start menu not working

Hi,

I recently tried to open Bluetooth on my laptop but it shows 'Class not registered', and also when I try to open any icon, including the start menu, on the task bar it does not open. My right-click also does
    not work on these icon.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thank you.

cc89124, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Class not registered and start menu not working

Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.

After an update the windows start menu is not working (not opening at all) and I am getting an error that is class not registered. The settings are not opening same as the windows start menu.

lowkwan loong, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Class not registered and start menu not working

1. Class not registered and start menu not working - Similar Threads - Class registered start

2. Class not registered/Start not working/Windows settings and buttons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Class not registered/Start not working/Windows settings and buttons not working: Hello, I kinda have a very difficult problem and kinda hard to explain. So recently my pc started giving me a problem, started by saying class not registered when I tried opening pictures, then it went to my installed apps and then to all windows default apps. When I hover...
  3. Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.

Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.: After an update the windows start menu is not working (not opening at all) and I am getting an error that is class not registered. The settings are not opening same as the windows start menu....
  4. Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.

Windows 10 start button not working and class not registered.: After an update the windows start menu is not working ( not opening at all) and the internet explorer also and i am getting error that said class not registered, the settings are also not opening same as the windows start menu...
  5. Class not registered and start menu does not show

in Cortana
    Class not registered and start menu does not show: I have tried the task manager solution but in task manager the task were hidden and could not apply the fixed described on the community. Even tried the command prompt as an administrator but I could not get into the command prompt as an administrator. What worked for me...
  6. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  7. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  8. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  9. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329