Windows 10: Class not registered while trying to open file location

Discus and support Class not registered while trying to open file location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i was trying to create desktop shotcuts for apps but when i try and right click and open file location from the start menu this comes [img] pls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Noob1234, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Noob1234 Win User

Class not registered while trying to open file location

So i was trying to create desktop shotcuts for apps but when i try and right click and open file location from the start menu this comes

Class not registered while trying to open file location [​IMG]

pls help

:)

Noob1234, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

"Class Not Registered" Windows 10 when trying to open jpg

Hi Teresa,

The error “class not registered” may occur if there are any Windows files are not properly registered, damaged, missing in Windows.
    To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Does this happen only to .jpg files?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    . It will let you also scan for corruptions and provide remedy.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 26, 2020
  4. WJaneFW Win User

Class not registered error

I ran the scan as suggested. No errors were found. I continue to receive the "class not registered" error when I try to open a JPEG file.

WJaneFW, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Class not registered while trying to open file location - Similar Threads - Class registered while

2. Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome: I installed Chome but when I try to open it I get a class not registered error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-error-when-trying-to-open/3d67c131-b3dc-4cc6-8ad5-cfbb2fb7da0e
  3. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  4. trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this

in Windows 10 Support
    trying to open a JPEG. Get "Class not registered" How do I fix this: Hello. I have all updates applied to the Windows 10 Professional x64 bit machine. Started Windows 10 this morning and tried to open a JPEG file, i.e., double click any.jpg. Windows 10 comes back with, "Class not registered". Cleaned all the files, registry and nothing...
  5. Windows Search: Class not registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search: Class not registered: Windows Search stopped working. The event log shows the entry: The Windows Search service terminated with the following service-specific error: Class not registered If I attempt to start the service manually, a MessageBox pops up and tells me to check the Event...
  6. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  7. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  8. Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 class not registered error - when trying to open a link: Hi, I recently upgraded to win 10 from 8.1 and I am running into a few problems. I'll start with this very annoying one and than open a different thread for the others. So I like to save URL links on my desktop - used to work fine on 8.1. Now on 10 when I drag a link...
  9. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329