Windows 10: Classic backup and restore on Win 10

Discus and support Classic backup and restore on Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I backed up my Win10 computer using classic Backup and restore interface in advance of reformatting partitions. That included a system image as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fred N_880, May 21, 2020.

1. Classic backup and restore on Win 10

I backed up my Win10 computer using classic Backup and restore interface in advance of reformatting partitions. That included a system image as well. Do I need a recovery disc to recover my files after a reformat?

:)

Fred N_880, May 21, 2020

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, May 21, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Classic backup and restore on Win 10

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Classic backup and restore on Win 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Classic backup and restore on Win 10

1. Classic backup and restore on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Classic backup restore

2. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  3. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  4. Restore from a Win 10 Backup Image - Password Protected

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from a Win 10 Backup Image - Password Protected: Hello Forum, I used Windows 10 Backup to backup my system with an image to an external drive. I then reset my system and started again with minimal setup. I attempted to restore from the backup image, but Windows 10 wants a password to restore the image. Of course I can't...
  5. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10: Background. New to Windows 10 with a new laptop. The HP laptop came with a 256GB SSD (M2 Seagate) and I added a 500GB HDD (WD) for Data (D:) (moving the default folders). I also have an 750GB HDD (WD) which will be used as an external drive for backup. I'll most like have...
  6. classic view for win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic view for win 10: Dear Sir, your advice is highly appreciated. my new laptop using Win10, i need to use the classic view as win7. can you advice if this possible? if it is possiable please advice how to implement . thanks and regards mohamed...
  7. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  8. win 10 networking - the classical problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 networking - the classical problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] hpbuilt: a win 8.1 all in one that does see minabuilt shared files, but nothing from hamidbuilt (this is really close to what I want) minabuilt: a win 10 home desktop that sees the network, but cannot access files from either hamidbuilt or...
  9. Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?

Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?: My folder is: MediaID.bin It has all my documents, photos, etc. from a PC that I converted to Win 10 and gave a family member. But I can't seem to get the file to open on my own Win 10 Pro laptop. Is there a program, command or process that will allow to restore all my...
  10. Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk

Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk: thanks very much guys. I started the backup process. Great. As an aside, it is a good idea to store a copy of any backup offline. Get a ransom attack - stick up fingers in a suitable gesture to ransomers, restore offline backup. Also, it is a good idea to go to Other...