Windows 10: Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released

Discus and support Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, everyone. I just released a new version of Classic Shell. Here’s what’s new: Improved support for Windows 10 The start menu searches modern... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivo, Apr 10, 2015.

1. IVO
    Ivo Win User

Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released

Hey, everyone. I just released a new version of Classic Shell.

Here’s what’s new:

• Improved support for Windows 10
    • The start menu searches modern PC settings for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
    • Added new Midnight skin with dark background
    • Added new flat Metro skin that uses the start screen colors
    • New ability to apply settings from XML files from command line: use ClassicStartMenu.exe -xml <settings file>
    • New setting to override the system DPI resolution only for the start menu
    • New setting to change the user picture
    • Improved support for touch and high resolution displays
    • Added support for Scottish, Catalan, Macedonian and Persian languages
    • Multiple minor improvements and bugfixes

The new version can be downloaded from the home page Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released [​IMG]

Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released [​IMG]

:)

2. Perusto Win User

Touchscreen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I removed Classic Shell 4.2.1 and problem disappeared. Have read that 4.2.2 Beta will fix issue but I don't plan on installing it just now.

Perusto, Apr 10, 2015
  3. Ian Gower Win User
    Do I need to uninstall "Classic Shell" before downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade

Original Title: Ian G

I am running an i5. 2TB. 16gig Ram, Windows 8.1 and I have the "Classic Shell 4.2.1 version" set up on my machine. Do I need to uninstall "Classic Shell" before downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade when it becomes available at the end of this month. Thank
    you I.G

Ian Gower, Apr 10, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Thank you I got it. Thanks

labeeman, Apr 10, 2015
  5. Superfly Win User
    Nice one Ivo, only thing is Rt-click does not Win-X for me - may just be build 10056.

Superfly, Apr 10, 2015
  6. IVO
    Ivo Win User
    Weird. I will try it when 10056 becomes official.

7. Superfly Win User
    Yup, no big deal - most of the Win-X features can be accessed from the classic interface.

Superfly, Apr 10, 2015
  8. LittleJay Win User

Thank you for the update Ivo! *Thumbs

LittleJay, Apr 11, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Ivo, if Windows 10 sticks to the current start menu style shown in the builds, will you add an option to use the 8.1 start to classic shell?

10. IVO
    Ivo Win User
    What do you mean by "8.1 start"?

11. Dude Win User
    What I mean is everyone uses classic shell in windows 8/8.1 to bring back the start menu to show either W7 XP style. When 10 comes out, and if it uses a start menu as I think it will, it would be cool if I could use an 8.1 start screen as an option also.

I would like to be able to use all the options available.

12. IVO
    Ivo Win User
    No, enabling the start screen in 10 is not planned. In fact, currently there are no plans to do anything with live tiles.
    Your best bet at the moment is to use the start menu in maximized mode.

13. Dude Win User

Okay, thanks for answering. I use you classic shell for clients all the time, Great program

14. badrobot Win User
    @Ivo ,When did you release this? I just sent you a message early this morning on FB about the issue with Start Screen shortcut on 10056. I had a look at your website but I didn't see this 4.2.1 at the time. Thanks for this.

badrobot, Apr 11, 2015
  15. IVO
    Ivo Win User
    It was just released. Does the start screen shortcut work in 4.2.1?

Thema:

1. Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released - Similar Threads - Classic Shell released

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. classic shell configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic shell configuration: hi , I turn on my HP laptop entitled Splitx2 and the following two things happen; 1. I get a message that says " classic shell needs to configure itself for new operating system." 2. When I hit ok on that screen then a next one pops up and says "ADministrator has...
  6. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  7. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  8. Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released

Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released: Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell 4.3.1 is released [Aug 12th 2017] Here’s what’s new:[FONT=&amp] Official support for the Creators Update version of Windows 10 Added a setting to clear icon cache Multiple minor improvements and bugfixes Here is the detailed...
  9. ANN: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta is released

ANN: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta is released: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta was just released. Download it from here: http://www.fosshub.com/Classic-Shell...etup_4_2_6.exe Here’s what’s new: Improved support for Windows 10 Redstone New feature for setting the taskbar color, texture, and text color Menu animations for the...
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975