Windows 10: Classic Shell - Desktop reverted to Win 10 style - Bring back Win7/8?

Discus and support Classic Shell - Desktop reverted to Win 10 style - Bring back Win7/8? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using Classic Shell for years, and suddenly my desktop reverted back to Win 10 style, from my chosen plain old Win 7. Now, I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimmyW, Nov 3, 2018.

1. JimmyW Win User

Classic Shell - Desktop reverted to Win 10 style - Bring back Win7/8?

I've been using Classic Shell for years, and suddenly my desktop reverted back to Win 10 style, from my chosen plain old Win 7. Now, I can't seem to find the Classic Shell setting to get back to Win 7. Has it changed, or am I just unable to find it? Thanks!

:)

JimmyW, Nov 3, 2018
  2. MiltonHey Win User

Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Nov 3, 2018
  3. Classic Shell vs Windows 10 start screen

Windows 10 in Classic Shell mode. Cannot switch to Administrator account. Have to first go to Win 10 desktop with apps by clicking on start menu at top of shell which brings me to the Windows 10 start screen. Then, to the lower right, is the power, accounts
    buttons. Clicking on that will get me to the administrator account which may be necessary to run some programs.

Any easier way to get from classic shell to Windows 10 start screen?

StephenGarramone, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Jack 7 Win User

Can the classic shell of Widows 8 be applied to Windows 10

Original Title - Windows Classic Shell

Can the classic shell of Widows 8 be applied to Windows 10

Jack 7, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Classic Shell - Desktop reverted to Win 10 style - Bring back Win7/8? - Similar Threads - Classic Shell Desktop

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. Win10 reverted back to Win7

Win10 reverted back to Win7: A few years ago, I redeemed the free Win10 offer and upgraded my computer. Previously, I was using Win7 I believe the previous Win7 installation was kept on a petition on one of my internal hard drives, whilst the new Win10 installation was kept on my SSD. Just today,...
  6. classic shell

classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  7. How can I bring back the "Windows 8 taskbar style" to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I bring back the "Windows 8 taskbar style" to Windows 10?: I hate the taskbar on windows 10, it's just boring!! How can I change it back to the windows 8 style???? like this: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bring-back-the-windows-8-taskbar-style/10b42e0a-fa28-489d-8678-301f90d0e4b4
  8. Microsoft brings back the Classic IntelliMouse

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings back the Classic IntelliMouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse. Originally launched in 1996, it became instantly famous with gamers and highly regarded as a great gaming mouse. The IntelliMouse 3.0 had exceptional ergonomics due to its the asymmetric from, and sculpted buttons and finger rests, making it fit...
  9. Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!: Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better. Enjoy the short video. I9UJprCUYpI 2035
  10. classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975