Windows 10: Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks

Discus and support Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Heya! I love this nifty imagery Classic Shell gave to start button and task bar. However... I want the normal Windows 10 menu back without having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Noninvasive, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks

Heya! I love this nifty imagery Classic Shell gave to start button and task bar. However... I want the normal Windows 10 menu back without having to click the "Start Menu (Windows)" button. Am I missing something in the setting where you can turn off the Classic Shell menu? I can't find a setting for that anywhere and am now guessing that it necessitates uninstalling the program.

If uninstalling is the only way to use the normal Windows 10 menu again, is there another program which will let me use these awesome images as my start-button, and task-bar?

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks [​IMG]

Perhaps, is there a program where the top of the start-button image, as it pops-up, doesn't get cut off?

:)

Noninvasive, Mar 18, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip]Classic Shell - Get back classic features of the Windows UI(Classic Start Menu)

You can get Classic Shell Here. It is open source and free.*Rockout :rockout:

When installing, do note that you can install the Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu features seperately, so if you don't have use for one or the other don't install it if you want to save a little hard drive space. Though the total install only takes about 4MB with both features installed.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_1.png

Now there are so many tweaks that Classic Shell offers there is no way I will be able to go over each one. But I do suggest if you are missing a UI feature from an older version of Windows that was removed from Win7, try Classic Shell, because I haven't seen a feature yet that wasn't in there. But I'm just going to go over a few features that I use and like for now.

First of all, the Classic Start Menu. It is pretty self explainitory. Right when you finish installing Classic Shell, the Classic Start menu will be active by default. Now you can set different keys to open either the Classic Start Menu or the Standard Start Menu. Personally, I usually have it set to that clicking on the start button opens the Classic Start Menu, while pushing the Windows key on my keyboard opens the Standard Start Menu.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_2.jpg

Also, with the Classic Start menu Shutting down goes back to the classic Windows XP style.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_3.jpg

You can access all of your settings for both Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu by going to the program folder in the start menu.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_4.jpg

Some of the features I use for Classic Explorer are the Up Arrow(which is enabled by default) along with disabling breadcrumbs. If you aren't sure what breadcrumbs are, look at the screenshot, breadcrumbs are the new way the address bar works in Win7, I think it was a way to eliminate the up arrow. Anyway, now that I have an up arrow again they are pretty worthless. So I disable them so that the actual path is dislayed in the address bar.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_5.jpg

One last thing I like to do is disable the Alternate File/Folder conflict dialog boxes. I actually prefer the new style that came with Win7. By default these options are enabled, which brings up the classic style dialog box whenever you are trying to copy over a file/folder that already exists.

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks ClassicShell_6.jpg

There are hundreds of little UI tweaks available in Classic Shell. So I would suggest you try it. If you don't like it, uninstalling it removes all the tweaks and returns everything to normal. And you can pretty much turn off every tweak you don't want, I know some people that use it just for the Up arrow in Explorer.

*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Mar 18, 2021
  3. MiltonHey Win User
    Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

I don't like to get in the habit of using these softwares but decided to try 'Start10' from Stardock and was surprised how decently it seemed to mesh with Build 10061.
    Even with disabling Search (and Task View) 'Hey Cortana' still worked and doesn't cover the taskbar. The Default Start Menu could be pinned to the taskbar and the WinX Menu could be set to remain enabled.
    However, after configuring and using it for a couple hours, it seems to be fraught with bugs, flashes and crashes, so be forewarned!

Edwin, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks

1. Classic Shell How2 NOT Override Win10 Menu? Keep Fun Image Start/Tasks - Similar Threads - Classic Shell How2

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic Shell Start Menu not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell Start Menu not Working: So about an hour ago I was searching up "how to make windows 10 feel more like windows 7" and one of the guides told me to create a shortcut with the classic personalization window. When I opened it, I proceeded to click the "synchronized theme" which changed my desktop...
  4. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  5. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  6. Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?

Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?: So ive been using classic shell and its new incarnation for years. I have had it running on my two workhorses and figured its time to shove it over to my laptop. I did so, but for some reason when I try to move shortcuts into a new folder etc, I'm greeted with "Destination...
  7. Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!: Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better. Enjoy the short video. I9UJprCUYpI 2035
  8. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975
  9. Will Classic Shell work in Win10

Will Classic Shell work in Win10: Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP? 2047
  10. Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell: After uninstalling Classic Shell, my start menu on Windows 10 build [Version 10.0.15063] (which is what Command Prompt tells me) decided to no longer function. I have been using this computer for over a year, while Classic Shell has been installed for the past 6 months....