Windows 10: Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help?

Discus and support Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Classic Star Menu, but after the automatic update of Windows the Application stopped working correctly. I tried to reinstall but there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ivsondcm, Jul 14, 2019.

1. ivsondcm Win User

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help?

I use the Classic Star Menu, but after the automatic update of Windows the Application stopped working correctly. I tried to reinstall but there was no success. The Windows 10 Start Menu will restart / override the operation of the Classic Start Menu, the OS will be "blinking" and will almost stop. You can only re-use the computer after you disable the Classic Start Menu with Ctrl + Alt + Del.

I ask for help in leaving the Classic Start Menu running since I've been using the Start menu since 1995 and I do not want to relearn how to use it. Thanks in advance.

:)

ivsondcm, Jul 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip]Classic Shell - Get back classic features of the Windows UI(Classic Start Menu)

You can get Classic Shell Here. It is open source and free.*Rockout :rockout:

When installing, do note that you can install the Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu features seperately, so if you don't have use for one or the other don't install it if you want to save a little hard drive space. Though the total install only takes about 4MB with both features installed.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_1.png

Now there are so many tweaks that Classic Shell offers there is no way I will be able to go over each one. But I do suggest if you are missing a UI feature from an older version of Windows that was removed from Win7, try Classic Shell, because I haven't seen a feature yet that wasn't in there. But I'm just going to go over a few features that I use and like for now.

First of all, the Classic Start Menu. It is pretty self explainitory. Right when you finish installing Classic Shell, the Classic Start menu will be active by default. Now you can set different keys to open either the Classic Start Menu or the Standard Start Menu. Personally, I usually have it set to that clicking on the start button opens the Classic Start Menu, while pushing the Windows key on my keyboard opens the Standard Start Menu.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_2.jpg

Also, with the Classic Start menu Shutting down goes back to the classic Windows XP style.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_3.jpg

You can access all of your settings for both Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu by going to the program folder in the start menu.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_4.jpg

Some of the features I use for Classic Explorer are the Up Arrow(which is enabled by default) along with disabling breadcrumbs. If you aren't sure what breadcrumbs are, look at the screenshot, breadcrumbs are the new way the address bar works in Win7, I think it was a way to eliminate the up arrow. Anyway, now that I have an up arrow again they are pretty worthless. So I disable them so that the actual path is dislayed in the address bar.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_5.jpg

One last thing I like to do is disable the Alternate File/Folder conflict dialog boxes. I actually prefer the new style that came with Win7. By default these options are enabled, which brings up the classic style dialog box whenever you are trying to copy over a file/folder that already exists.

Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? ClassicShell_6.jpg

There are hundreds of little UI tweaks available in Classic Shell. So I would suggest you try it. If you don't like it, uninstalling it removes all the tweaks and returns everything to normal. And you can pretty much turn off every tweak you don't want, I know some people that use it just for the Up arrow in Explorer.

*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Techtu Win User
    Giveaway of the Day - Classic Start Menu Pro 3.8

Source

Techtu, Jul 14, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Classic Start Menu does not update after Win10. Can anyone help? - Similar Threads - Classic Start Menu

2. Topic: Classic Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Topic: Classic Start Menu: Hello all you saints!When starting my computer, I get a popup that says, "Classic Start Menu needs to configure itself for the new operating system" I close this. Then another popup says, "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make change.......Classic...
  3. Topic: Classic Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Topic: Classic Start Menu: Hello all you saints!When starting my computer, I get a popup that says, "Classic Start Menu needs to configure itself for the new operating system" I close this. Then another popup says, "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make change.......Classic...
  4. Classic Shell Start Menu not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell Start Menu not Working: So about an hour ago I was searching up "how to make windows 10 feel more like windows 7" and one of the guides told me to create a shortcut with the classic personalization window. When I opened it, I proceeded to click the "synchronized theme" which changed my desktop...
  5. Does anyone know how I can create additional custom sizing for icons in the Win10 start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how I can create additional custom sizing for icons in the Win10 start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yo_Face_Nate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1yepu/does_anyone_know_how_i_can_create_additional/
  6. Help me with getting classic desktop back and start menu.

Help me with getting classic desktop back and start menu.: So my laptop has Windows 10, and if I minimize something it goes to my normal desktop, and my start menu works (click the start button, a vertical menu pops up). I just bought another laptop and it is annoying as hell. Any window I am in (browser, app, anything) doesn't have...
  7. Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...

Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KamikazePlatypus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsmbf4/is_the_side_of_anyone_elses_start_menu_cut_off/
  8. get back to classic view on start menu

get back to classic view on start menu: hi, I have a friend, when he clicks on start, he gets a row of large app icons, how does he get back to classic view on windows 10? thanks in advance...
  9. Classic Start Menu Update Problem

Classic Start Menu Update Problem: Recent V 10 Update completed 8/1/19 successfully, but on logon first time, message appeared that the Classic Start Menu needed update and needs Administrator Authorization. My logon is stated as the Administrator and where do I go to authorize the credentials to allow the...
  10. Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell: After uninstalling Classic Shell, my start menu on Windows 10 build [Version 10.0.15063] (which is what Command Prompt tells me) decided to no longer function. I have been using this computer for over a year, while Classic Shell has been installed for the past 6 months....